Home

Text for calling plays might cause blindness

This is a discussion on Text for calling plays might cause blindness within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2022, 09:15 AM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Text for calling plays might cause blindness

Does anyone remember NBA 2K 17? Although I hated how you actually called plays, at least it was easy to read. Would it be so difficult for 2K to add an option to switch from small to large captions on screen for the visually impaired?

? I have a 57 inch screen in my bedroom and I still have problems calling plays and subbing always squinting in order to make anything out. Does anyone agree?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2022, 02:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Text for calling plays might cause blindness

I haven't had issue with this but on somewhat related note, I wish the play art color was black instead of white.

I like to have full play art on as I let cpu call plays half the time. But when I play home games at Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee I can't see where the passes are to go. The floor is almost same exact color as the white pass ball dots in the play art so can't see who is suppose to get the ball passed to them.

One of the few gripes I have in what otherwise may be my favorite sports game of all time.
Old 10-28-2022, 03:12 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Right there with you. My television is likely around 10 feet from my couch and even with good vision, trying to read what play I'm trying to run on the fly is generally futile. I've pretty much resigned myself to never know their names unless I can pick out an "ISO".

I've noticed the HD age of gaming as a whole has often come with designers feeling emboldened when it comes to shrinking on-screen text. Red Dead Redemption was another huge (or tiny) offender. All those "pro tip" screens that would have been really useful to read and understand my first playthrough were virtually invisible.
Old 10-28-2022, 04:22 PM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Right there with you. My television is likely around 10 feet from my couch and even with good vision, trying to read what play I'm trying to run on the fly is generally futile. I've pretty much resigned myself to never know their names unless I can pick out an "ISO".

I've noticed the HD age of gaming as a whole has often come with designers feeling emboldened when it comes to shrinking on-screen text. Red Dead Redemption was another huge (or tiny) offender. All those "pro tip" screens that would have been really useful to read and understand my first playthrough were virtually invisible.

Glad I’m not alone friend. The text honestly seems to shrink more every year lol

Old 10-29-2022, 03:06 AM   #5
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Glad I’m not alone friend. The text honestly seems to shrink more every year lol

More than the text shrinks unfortunately...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »