Home

Madden 21 is superior then Madden 23

This is a discussion on Madden 21 is superior then Madden 23 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2022, 10:20 AM   #1
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 21 is superior then Madden 23

I know this is the same scab peeled off on this topic. But the community needs to know how better things once where.

I've never been a gimmick mode player guy. MUT, Face of Francise and heck even Franchise mode seems out of reach. At the end of the day I just want to sit down to a well put together game of X's and O's in the format of Play Now Mode. I don't have the time to put into these other modes working a full time job and family. That being said.... I've gotten the most enjoyment out of Madden 21 over Madden 23.

I've tried giving M23 an honest chance but gameplay wise it's been hard to give this version a chance with all of the inconsistent and wonky things that happen.

Starting with the basics blocking. In 21 guys are way more aggressive when targeting defenders. Holes are clean and even WR get involved in blocks. I feel as if tho this Hit Everything gimmick messes with the fluidity and animations don't play out correctly.

Ball carrier moves such as jukes, spins, trucks and stiff arms are executed with more weight and sharpness in 21. In 23 spins are a joke. They take forever and shouldn't have to be done when the defender is 5-10 yards away for them to be effective. In 21 you can spin right as the tackler is about to make contact and will leave him wiffing. From a video game stand point I enjoy the sounds that come when performing these moves. I know THAT piece is not realistic but it adds to the player feedback. Ad with the throws. A lob pass will have more of a low toned whoosh and a bullet pass will carry a quick higher pitched whoosh.

The real gang tackles in 21 can't hold competition to 23. The so called gang tackles in 23 happen like 3 times a game while more tackles are done as tackle battles. In 21 if you have big heavy ball carriers like tight ends or RBs you will occasionally see 2-3 defenders trying to bring him down. These are more of a ratings based outcomes. Don't get me started with 23 lineman horrific models.

I have managed to find an updated roster in the community files that are pretty close to today's rosters. Of course not every team is perfect but it's a good start and then you can update as you see fit. Overall..... I'm done with Madden 23. Madden 21 plays WAY BETTER and we don't have to worry with the home feild advantage and extra boost you get. These get in the way of playing a pure game.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2022, 12:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Madden 21 is superior then Madden 23

I disagree. This is a much better game in my opinion. That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-25-2022, 12:25 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Some people here will agree with the OP, some will not. Although I enjoyed 21 very much, IMO 23 is a better game by a wide margin.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-25-2022, 01:18 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah I don’t know about that.

When we look back at ‘23 i think it’ll be the one that changed madden from what it was, to what it is.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 11-26-2022 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-25-2022, 05:00 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yeah, the OP is entitled to their opinion, but I find this

Madden the best gameplay since Madden 16 when penalties

mattered.

The physics, the WR/DB interaction and no lineman standing

around wondering what happened waiting around for their next meal

to be delivered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2022, 07:33 PM   #6
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

It's not wrong to play a past version that suits you better.I played '16 more than any version for years even though I would always pick up the current version on a discount

It's hard to put in perspective until somewhere down the road but you'll never win a comparison against the current version on here.I see pros and cons to both personally and am fine with either.The Madden wheel isn't going to be reinvented so to speak.

I've never been a big praiser or basher and have typically been able to get a reasonably satisfying game out of most versions.Some a little better than others.
Old 11-25-2022, 11:25 PM   #7
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I prefer 21 as well, and I'd still be playing it if there was a sizeable online community. The addition of momentum and gameplanning upended the balance of online play, and they inexplicably deleted a LOT of quality plays for no reason.
Old 11-27-2022, 11:30 AM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

*To.

Sent from the 3rd Circle of Hell using my Familiar and Pentagram.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »