Home

Golf+ on Oculus Quest 2

This is a discussion on Golf+ on Oculus Quest 2 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2022, 12:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Golf+ on Oculus Quest 2

Anyone playing this game?
(FB accounts no longer required apparently)

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/q...2327085529357/

It sounds like they've been working on it a lot and adding features and content.

Pebble Beach is coming soon and they have Pinehurst, Wolf Creek, Kiawah and some fictional courses as well.

I've been surprised to see some more "normal" Golf Sim and Pro users even taking to it and being surprised how enjoyable and somewhat realistic it is (especially with one of the real club attachments -- it works with several)

Good videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lBcmd7LCm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MR2yEU9v-0

Last edited by scagwi; 11-28-2022 at 12:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2022, 04:08 PM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Golf+ on Oculus Quest 2

Yeah its the best golf VR game out right now. It is pretty fun, can be challenging on higher difficulty. Any golf VR gamer should have this in their library.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:19 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Yeah its the best golf VR game out right now. It is pretty fun, can be challenging on higher difficulty. Any golf VR gamer should have this in their library.
Does the Quest 2 hamper it a bit due to the specs being a bit meager?

I'm specifically thinking about resolution and viewing things in the distance (particularly important in a golf game)

My one takeaway from all my VR time so far (mainly with flight sim) is that I just want more and more resolution so I can enjoyably view things in the distance -- that and eye-tracked foveated rendering so we can get great resolution when/where we need it.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:48 PM   #4
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Does the Quest 2 hamper it a bit due to the specs being a bit meager?

I'm specifically thinking about resolution and viewing things in the distance (particularly important in a golf game)

My one takeaway from all my VR time so far (mainly with flight sim) is that I just want more and more resolution so I can enjoyably view things in the distance -- that and eye-tracked foveated rendering so we can get great resolution when/where we need it.
Yes. Things in the distance leave a little to be desired, even if you hook quest up to a PC. Where the game shines is the short game and putting. You can open you clubface to hit a flop or hands forward to chip lower. Putting feels fantastic overall. Graphics are cartoony and one of the downsides. I logged about 20 hours onto the game and its a great time. Getting into a game with a random 4 some is seamless and where the most fun is imo. The top golf is actually pretty good too.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:00 PM   #5
MVP

@pokerlife

Good report, thank you.

It sounds like the kind of thing I'll be really into some day, but not until more resolution is there for distance viewing.

I want to be enjoying the course like I'm out there, which includes all the scenery and views in the distance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2022, 10:45 AM   #6
Pro

pokerlife's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
@pokerlife

Good report, thank you.

It sounds like the kind of thing I'll be really into some day, but not until more resolution is there for distance viewing.

I want to be enjoying the course like I'm out there, which includes all the scenery and views in the distance.
Ya it will get there. They have another VR golf game with much better graphics but i didnt care for the gameplay and refunded it. Cool thing about Golf+ is the designers actually met on a local course where i live in Austin TX
They paid tribute to both courses at the club by putting them in the game.
They nailed the layout by about 80% id say

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »