Home

Marvel's Midnight Suns

This is a discussion on Marvel's Midnight Suns within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2022, 10:30 AM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Marvel's Midnight Suns

To me this is like if Xcom, Avengers and Guardians of The Galaxy games had a baby together. It has the layout and game style of Xcom. The graphics of Avengers and the goofy one liners of Guardians of The Galaxy.

It is fun for what it is. Which is basically a watered down, kid themed version of Xcom. I can't be mad at that if they trying to introduce more people to this type of game play, considering for a lot of people, Xcom was too intimidating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2022, 02:22 AM   #2
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Marvel's Midnight Suns

This is really my first introduction into the tactical/strategy games, a genre I’ve never played. It was marvel so I bit the bullet, and I must say not overly complicated as I thought it would be and enjoyed the first hour so far.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:28 PM   #3
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

This game is fantastic. From the guy that designed XCOM so expected nothing less. The best game loop makers in the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-27-2022, 10:33 AM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Back to playing this. It is so good, a total time sink. Some of these missions last a good 40 minutes. Funny thing is, coming back from playing Callisto Protocol, Hunter, the main character in Midnight Suns moves so fast when just walking, it feel like he is sprinting, but he is walking, where as in Callisto Protocol the main character move around like a sloth, even when running.
Old 01-02-2023, 03:36 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

29 hours played so far and I'm just on Act 2. Got Wolverine yesterday and OMG he is so AWESOME. For me so far Wolverine, Blade and Ghost Rider deal kill the most people for me. Especially Wolverine, that dude is a freaking killing machine. Spiderman is weak to me, Dr Strange is kind of weak too. Captain America and Captain Marvel are so so. Sister Grimm, Ironman and Magik are so so. I can't get enough of this game. Easily the sleeper hit of 2022.

Hulk and Scarlett Witch I haven't got yet. Apparently you don't get them until near the end of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2023, 09:51 PM   #6
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Crazy how different people play. For me Captain America, Iron Man, and Spider-Man where my dudes. Captain America in particular was a BEAST once I really got him decked out. Agree with Wolverine though he was awesome for me too.

Absolutely amazing game. Can’t wait for the DLC

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-04-2023, 10:20 AM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

I have Scarlett Witch now. She is weak at first, like many are I noticed, once you deck her out, she is so so. Out of the 4 witches I guess you can say, her, Sister Grimm, Magik and Dr Strange, Magik for me at least is the most powerful with attacks. Grant it I rarely take Dr Strange with me. For a while Blade was my guy I took everywhere with me. Then it became Wolverine. Now I kind of force myself to take other people to level them up some more.

It is just Wolverine and Blade just do so much damage with their ability to chain 4 or more people with killing 3 out of the 4 or more people on the first hit.
Old 01-04-2023, 10:27 PM   #8
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Went on sale today, grabbed the Legendary Edition because I want Venom when he's released.

I played up to creating my character and I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun. I forgot it was also a card game which I've been enjoying card-type games lately.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »