Home

Post Patch findings

This is a discussion on Post Patch findings within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2022, 04:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post Patch findings

Wanted to make a thread of things noticed after this latest patch & future patches to come . I’ve heard there are player likeness updates & New Jerseys which is great!

I am a CPU v CPU player in my MyNBA season . One thing I’ve noticed in 2 games so far is cpu shot 16-28% from 3 in both games . This has never happened. Is anyone else noticing a drop in percentages?

I’ve seen one thread of somebody saying the cpu has gotten better & I haven’t seen that . Maybe after the patch my slider set needs to be tweaked to match the patch but I found that really weird. I’m currently doing one more CPU v CPU game right now to see if it’ll happen again , if so I will be tweaking my slider set to go better with the patch.

But if you notice any new things or improvements or even non improvements , drop them below. I’m curious!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2022, 03:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Post Patch findings

3pt shooting definitely got hugely rebalanced. I have my 3pt slider up to 64 now (EDIT: now 74 and STILL maybe not enough) and that still might not be enough to get back to realistic percentages. Also felt like defense in general got a bit better and teams were having trouble scoring in many areas, but 3pt shooting was the most obvious and dramatic shift.

Last edited by aimlessgun; 12-03-2022 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-03-2022, 12:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimlessgun
3pt shooting definitely got hugely rebalanced. I have my 3pt slider up to 64 now (EDIT: now 74 and STILL maybe not enough) and that still might not be enough to get back to realistic percentages. Also felt like defense in general got a bit better and teams were having trouble scoring in many areas, but 3pt shooting was the most obvious and dramatic shift.

Yes I agree! It’s good to see defense better. I just wish they didn’t nerf shot percentages like that smh

Old 12-03-2022, 03:03 PM   #4
Rookie

If anyone makes/finds a great realistic slider set for MyNBA vs CPU . Can you pls let me know . I’m really upset about the nerfing of shot success of the cpu . I will be playing madden again until somebody finds a nice set to compact the nerf or whenever I find the desire & time to relentlessly test & tweak a new set. This is really upsetting as I was in the middle of a nice grind on my MyNBA but it is what it is smh

Old 12-03-2022, 05:50 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

2k did something that absolutely killed the AIs ability to pose a challenge. I tried playing at default HOF but quit late in the third when I was up 77-48 and the AI was shooting in the low 30s on default HOF.

Most of the AIs 3s were way too strong off the rim if that holds any significance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2022, 06:16 PM   #6
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
2k did something that absolutely killed the AIs ability to pose a challenge. I tried playing at default HOF but quit late in the third when I was up 77-48 and the AI was shooting in the low 30s on default HOF.

Most of the AIs 3s were way too strong off the rim if that holds any significance.
I was doing that prepatch with 83 Lakers against weak teams. Scores were like 110-60 with CPU shooting around 35% on HOF. Now I only played one game post patch but CPU shot 40% on Superstar. It was the Jazz.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:24 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I was doing that prepatch with 83 Lakers against weak teams. Scores were like 110-60 with CPU shooting around 35% on HOF. Now I only played one game post patch but CPU shot 40% on Superstar. It was the Jazz.
I'm experiencing this in the playoffs.
LeBron led Cavs were shooting anywhere from 40%-44% in the first two games of my playoff series.

In the two games I played yesterday they shot 35% and 20%. In my next series I started a game against the Pacers ( with D Wade, J. Oneal, Jamal Crawford, and Eddy Curry) and by halftime I quit when they were shooting 28%. Restarted the game on default HOF as a test and once again the team was abysmal. They have a 96 rated offense.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:34 PM   #8
MVP

Immediately after the patch the cpu got super good. Then I tweaked sliders to lower cpu shooting percentages and then they started playing too badly, THEN I rose their sliders back to where they were before and when lowere defensive jumpshot strength sliders (which means cpu should be even better) and they not shooting well. I thought I “broke” them when adjusting sliders. My 3 point shooting also went down a bit but I don’t know if that’s a bad thing yet (maybe it made finding good shots more of a challenge)

I recommend everyone lower your defensive jumpshot sliders on user/cpu to 10. So contested shots can have a decent chance of going in. Made a good difference for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »