Home

Do ratings matter more on all-pro or all-madden?

This is a discussion on Do ratings matter more on all-pro or all-madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2022, 12:12 PM   #1
Rookie

TON1C's Arena

OVR: 2
Do ratings matter more on all-pro or all-madden?

The in-game description leads me to believe all-pro is the answer but does anyone with my knowledge of sliders or the game itself know for sure? I believe the general consensus is on all-madden the CPU gets ratings boosts while the user gets nerfs. Is this true as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2022, 06:28 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Do ratings matter more on all-pro or all-madden?

If anything I think they matter less.
Old 12-30-2022, 06:41 PM   #3
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

People used to think what you stated was correct.Im not sure now but would say that all-pro with sliders in favor of the cpu some or all-madden in your favor would feel pretty close to the same.
Old 12-31-2022, 02:32 AM   #4
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

All pro & sim for me
Old 01-07-2023, 06:04 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

the way I see it, the ratings matter most depending how good your own personal skill set and stick moves are

there are some end-users who see more realistic stats on Pro level, because even All-Pro is too difficult

and I'd imagine you might find some 5, 6 or 7 year old kids who see realistic stats from rookie level, who might find Pro level too difficult

and so it stands to reason the best of the best at Madden who get more realistic results from All-Madden than All-Pro.
me, my skill set lies somewhere in between Pro and All-Pro.
I just wish I could switch back and forth in-game, play 1st and 3rd quarters on Pro and play 2nd and 4th on All-Pro.
but EA won't allow it

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2023, 07:57 AM   #6
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Yea like the in game description says All Pro is where ratings matter. But the thing is we are smarter than the AI so they need a boost. All Pro default is usually too easy for most. That said I usually am on All Pro with sliders tilted towards to CPU to help them as I feel All Madden still cheats too much for my liking.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:21 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Yea like the in game description says All Pro is where ratings matter. But the thing is we are smarter than the AI so they need a boost. All Pro default is usually too easy for most. That said I usually am on All Pro with sliders tilted towards to CPU to help them as I feel All Madden still cheats too much for my liking.

I’m the exact opposite. I like AM with sliders adjusted down slightly. That way I can do against the more challenging AI and CPU running game. Not sure the last time you tried AM but since 21 the cheating hasn’t been as prevalent. Try AM with all CPU slider in the 45-47 range (INTs in the 10-20 range) and the ratings do matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-07-2023, 11:57 AM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoney168
I’m the exact opposite. I like AM with sliders adjusted down slightly. That way I can do against the more challenging AI and CPU running game. Not sure the last time you tried AM but since 21 the cheating hasn’t been as prevalent. Try AM with all CPU slider in the 45-47 range (INTs in the 10-20 range) and the ratings do matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yep to this. I sometime watch streams of people playing on All-Pro and the CPU AI/decision making seems so poor that it's obvious to me that that a veteran Madden player has to hold back and/or institute a dozen house rules in order to not win at least 90 percent of the time.

A slight tweak of sliders on AM allows you to create a balanced gameplay experience pretty easily IMO.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »