Home

Bonk Shut Up and Jam! - A Kobe Era Roster Experience (Xbox Next Gen)

This is a discussion on Bonk Shut Up and Jam! - A Kobe Era Roster Experience (Xbox Next Gen) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2023, 07:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bonk Shut Up and Jam! - A Kobe Era Roster Experience (Xbox Next Gen)

For those looking for the best Kobe Era Roster (2002-2003) on Xbox...

1. It's not where you start, but how you finish - All Transactions that occurred during the season; Ray Allen on SuperSonics, Mike Miller on Grizzlies, and Kenny Thomas on 76ers.

2. All Player Positions edited to match 2002-2003 season.

3. All Player Vitals edited to match 2002-2002 season. (Colleges, Years Pro, and Height/Weight)

4. All Player Ratings edited to eliminate rating inflation (Kobe 96, Shaq 94, McGrady 94, Duncan 94, Garnett 94, Kidd 92, and AI 91 are the only players above 90. MJ 85)

5. All Player Potentials edited (with 2002-2003 in mind)

6. All Team Rotations edited to mimic 2002-2003 season. (Some liberties were taken here; guys like Zo, DerMarr Johnson, and McDyess who didn't play that year are included in their teams' rotations.

7. Coaching Sliders (Help Defense edited to mimic team defenses from that year)

8. POE's edited (All Coaches are updated except for Musselman on the Warriors, due to limited amount of CAP's, but their POE's are still edited as if their coach is Musselman.

9. 15 Players on every Team Roster - Roster minimums were different from what they are now, so some players were added to teams to make sure they hit 15 players on their roster. All players added were a part of that team in some fashion during the season. For example, Laron Profit and Cedric Henderson on Bucks (They didn't make the Bucks Opening Night Roster, but were with them preseason), Vonteego Cummings, Harold Jamison, and Nick Anderson on Cavs, Darius Songaila on Celtics (They held his draft rights), Curtis Borchardt and Raul Lopez on Jazz, Corsely Edwards on Kings, Frederic Weis on Knicks, Pete Mickeal on Rockets, Luis Scola on Spurs, and Steve Logan on Warriors. Also, Mateen Cleaves on Cavs, and Jumaine Jones on Kings. This trade was made, but it was rescinded because Cleaves didn't pass his physical.

10. Free Agency Pool completely revamped - You'll be able to find guys like DeAngelo Collins, Charlie Bell, Chris Porter, Lenny Cooke, Korleone Young, Trajan Langdon, Jason Hart, Ousmane Cisse, Leon Smith, Rod Grizzard, Erick Barkley, Obinna Ekezie, Richie Frahm, Omar Cook, and Khalid El-Amin.

11. Sliders - I recommend Schnaidts - GT - Koosa1027 Name - SGN Official (Shady's will work as well, strictly your preference)

12. Contracts - Here's the skinny, I really wanted to complete this, but it's really time consuming since spotrac doesn't go that far back. I have about 5-6 teams completed, but frankly, I just really wanted to start playing, so I stopped. With that being said, the contracts aren't terrible.

13. Draft Class - GT - seanzie8 has a good one (2003), but I highly recommend editing it to make everyone's Intangible rating to 25.

This is the most accurate Roster for the Kobe Era.

Name - Bonk Shut Up and Jam!
GT - BonkMcNeeley

Enjoy!

1/9/23 NEWS! I'm LOVING going back and reading old articles about what was happening in the league, I will be releasing an even more updated scenario next week, roster will be OPENING NIGHT 2002-2003, i'm diving deeper, editing play types, CONTRACTS, Play for a Winner/Financial/Loyalty, peak starts and ends, and much more!

Last edited by Bonk_McNeeley; 01-09-2023 at 07:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2023, 07:28 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Bonk Shut Up and Jam! - A Kobe Era Roster Experience (Xbox Next Gen)

Coming Soon!

The "Huggs Effect"

Preface: In the summer of 2002, the Denver Nuggets were in the midst of a Head Coaching search. One the candidates was Bob Huggins. The Nuggets eventually hired Jeff Bzdelik, which combined with the drafting of Nikoloz Tskitishvili with it's top pick, turned into an epic failure.

In our universe, Bob Huggins was hired to lead a rebuild amongst the juggernauts of the West.

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence of initial conditions in which a small change in one state of deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state.

Welcome to the "Huggs Effect"!

I've spent hours reminiscing on rumors from the 2002-2003 season and have created an alternate universe Scenario to begin your Kobe Era!

This will be the most detailed filled Kobe Era Scenario you'll find. I will also provide a spreadsheet giving you background information on why certain players are on certain teams, as well as a step-by-step transaction guide for each team, taking you to the 2003 NBA Draft (Tank for Lebron?).

I still have some things to complete, but this scenario will be dropping on NEXT Friday, February 3rd.

Last edited by Bonk_McNeeley; 01-24-2023 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:20 AM   #3
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk_McNeeley
Doing this roster really took me back, and I had a blast looking at what was happening around the league!

I will be creating a scenario where Bob Huggins is named Head Coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers to start the 2002-2003 season.

At the 2002 NBA Draft the Cavs make a deal with the Clippers (I kid you not, this trade was actually offered to the Cavs at the draft, and they PASSED!)

Cavs get: Corey Maggette, Rd. 1 Pick 8, and Rd. 1 Pick 12
Clippers get: Andre Miller

(The Cavs actually passed on this trade because they were adamant in getting Darius Miles. The Clippers even came back and made Lamar Odom available with the 8th pick, the Cavs then agreed to the deal, but only if the Clippers took Caron Butler at #8, but the Clippers had already put in the call for Wilcox, then spent the next couple picks trying to trade Wilcox for Butler, but no luck.)

Cavs draft Amare Stoudemire at #8, and Qyntel Woods at #12 (he was being compared as the next Tracy McGrady), Suns take Wilcox at #10.

Cavs then scoop up two High School players in the 2nd (Lenny Cooke, and DeAngelo Collins).

The Bob Huggins led Cavs Roster shapes up like this to start the season in this scenario...

Corey Maggette
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Amare Stoudemire
Ricky Davis
Chris Mihm
Dajuan Wagner
DeAngelo Collins
Mateen Cleaves
Michael Stewart
Lenny Cooke
Chris Porter
Desagana Diop
Qyntel Woods
Cory Hightower
Kenny Satterfield

GT - BonkMcNeeley
Name - 2002-2003
Dang this legit, I didn't know it ran this deep, but I remember hearing they passed on getting maggette,, this would been a fairly deep squad, I remember when we did get dmiles, he was jumping through the roof in some games, him and Davis.

Appreciate you doing this. I'll definitely grab and re start.
Old 01-07-2023, 10:28 AM   #4
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

I'm playing as the cavs, I dont know what settings you have this on because it says custom, but let me say, this might be the hardest basketball game I have ever played lol

My first match up is the kings, and this squad was vicious in real life, there were literally only a handful of teams that could handle the 02 Kings and even they had problems.

The pick and rolls, the screens, are killer, C Webb, is a monster in a half! DO NOT leave Peja Or Bibby Open they will light new flames under you, you never knew could even exist. DiVAC is a problem on the Boards. It's a nightmare �� lol

Its so bad I'm having to switch to this timing shooting which I hate using, because I feel like I'm watching that dumb meter more than the actual player shoot on RFGP%

I tried lowering sliders it didn't matter, teams got beat but not by 60 before the half lol in a 12 min quarter.

I definitely appreciate your hard effort on these, but I need some huge tips!

Last edited by StormsWarning; 01-07-2023 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-08-2023, 06:08 PM   #5
Rookie

H2UKNOW's Arena

Do you have a list of players you added in the most recent update? Already simulated to the playoffs so I'll just download the player DNA and add them to my MyNBA file.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
I'm playing as the cavs, I dont know what settings you have this on because it says custom, but let me say, this might be the hardest basketball game I have ever played lol

My first match up is the kings, and this squad was vicious in real life, there were literally only a handful of teams that could handle the 02 Kings and even they had problems.

The pick and rolls, the screens, are killer, C Webb, is a monster in a half! DO NOT leave Peja Or Bibby Open they will light new flames under you, you never knew could even exist. DiVAC is a problem on the Boards. It's a nightmare �� lol

Its so bad I'm having to switch to this timing shooting which I hate using, because I feel like I'm watching that dumb meter more than the actual player shoot on RFGP%

I tried lowering sliders it didn't matter, teams got beat but not by 60 before the half lol in a 12 min quarter.

I definitely appreciate your hard effort on these, but I need some huge tips!
I ran into these same problems...

- Search for gamertag "Koosa"

- Download his SGN/ATD sliders

- Make sure movement sliders are set...

BOTH USER/CPU

Speed - 44
Acceleration - 44
Lat Quickness - 44

- Make USER Def AWR 35

- Make CPU Off AWR 65

This should help out, but if you're still running into issues, make USER and CPU close, mid, and 3pt the same.

Side Note...

I started reading some old articles and found out Huggins actually interviewed for the Nuggets job prior to this season, I'm diving even DEEPER! Updated the roster, and will have a new, even more accurate Scenario (with Opening Night Rosters from 2002-2003) next week with Huggins as Nuggets HC!

Bump up USER Def Awareness to 35, and CPU Off Awareness dropped to 65.

Last edited by Bonk_McNeeley; 01-09-2023 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-09-2023, 07:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2UKNOW
Do you have a list of players you added in the most recent update? Already simulated to the playoffs so I'll just download the player DNA and add them to my MyNBA file.
I've added so many, idk when you're referring to, but..

Eric Chenowith
Jason Lawson
Lenny Cooke
DeAngelo Collins
Charlie Bell
Maurice Evans
Korleone Young
Ousmane Cisse

I'm going to release and even more accurate scenario next week..
Old 01-11-2023, 12:29 AM   #8
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonk_McNeeley
I ran into these same problems...

- Search for gamertag "Koosa"

- Download his SGN/ATD sliders

- Make sure movement sliders are set...

BOTH USER/CPU

Speed - 44
Acceleration - 44
Lat Quickness - 44

- Make USER Def AWR 35

- Make CPU Off AWR 65

This should help out, but if you're still running into issues, make USER and CPU close, mid, and 3pt the same.

Side Note...

I started reading some old articles and found out Huggins actually interviewed for the Nuggets job prior to this season, I'm diving even DEEPER! Updated the roster, and will have a new, even more accurate Scenario (with Opening Night Rosters from 2002-2003) next week with Huggins as Nuggets HC!

Bump up USER Def Awareness to 35, and CPU Off Awareness dropped to 65.
Ok thank you very much! These are the touch that was needed!

And yes I will just wait fir your newest scenario and use this kinda a practice, one thing though? After the above changes did you stick with the meter or go back to real% ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »