Home

Looking at match facts ... game just quits out?!?

This is a discussion on Looking at match facts ... game just quits out?!? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2023, 10:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Looking at match facts ... game just quits out?!?

This has happened to me a couple of times now ...

If I spend too much time (maybe five minutes?) looking through the match facts (either after the match is complete, or while the match is in progress) ... the game freezes, the screen goes black, and it dumps me back to the Xbox home screen.

What is the deal with this?

I understand that I could just *not* spend time looking at the match facts.

But, in this most recent case, I was losing and I wanted to learn about what I might have been doing poorly ... I was actually trying to use the match facts to help me make better decisions.

Grump.

(Xbox S / FIFA23)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2023, 04:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Looking at match facts ... game just quits out?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
This has happened to me a couple of times now ...

If I spend too much time (maybe five minutes?) looking through the match facts (either after the match is complete, or while the match is in progress) ... the game freezes, the screen goes black, and it dumps me back to the Xbox home screen.

What is the deal with this?

I understand that I could just *not* spend time looking at the match facts.

But, in this most recent case, I was losing and I wanted to learn about what I might have been doing poorly ... I was actually trying to use the match facts to help me make better decisions.

Grump.

(Xbox S / FIFA23)
Did this happen while you were scrolling through the passing maps? If so, that is a well known bug that EA have yet to fix.
Old 01-05-2023, 04:07 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_pride
Did this happen while you were scrolling through the passing maps? If so, that is a well known bug that EA have yet to fix.

Oh ... it is the passing maps ... OK ... I can avoid looking through those in particular.

It does remain frustrating that EA has this feature - I would think it cool to evaluate this data and study my passing choices - that instead crashes the game. Oops. And they know it is a problem (the same thing plagued me in FIFA22) - and they make no effort to fix it.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Oh ... it is the passing maps ... OK ... I can avoid looking through those in particular.

It does remain frustrating that EA has this feature - I would think it cool to evaluate this data and study my passing choices - that instead crashes the game. Oops. And they know it is a problem (the same thing plagued me in FIFA22) - and they make no effort to fix it.
I know what you mean. It happened to me after beating Man City away in a really tight game. Needless to say I was not a happy camper!

I'm trying to draw EA's attention to this on their Bug Report page:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Report...12050904#M8288

Please feel free to add your experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »