Home

NBA 2K23 Patch 5 Addresses Shooting, Court Floor Visual Issues and More - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Patch 5 Addresses Shooting, Court Floor Visual Issues and More - Patch Notes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2023, 02:24 AM   #1
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
NBA 2K23 Patch 5 Addresses Shooting, Court Floor Visual Issues and More - Patch Notes

NBA 2K23 patch 5 is available now for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X in preparation...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2023, 06:24 AM   #2
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 Patch 5.0 Notes

Quote:
Adjusted the shooting model to reduce the frequency of made low percentage shots and missed high percentage shots
Exactly the opposite of what we need.... We are already at "Min/Max" behavior for shots where some players shoot 60+% over a season while other (good shooters) shoot below 30 % just because getting a green release is everything...
Old 02-15-2023, 07:26 AM   #3
MVP

My god. Their “High percentage/low percentage” tweak no doubt will be the final hammer into this once great game. I can already tell it’s going to make even remotely contested shots harder than they already were, and make open shots go in like 2K22 style. These are all issues this game originally FIXED from 2K22. Now it’s just 2K22 again.

1 step forward, 4 steps back.

I assume no updated jersey selections for old rosters still?

And whatever happened to the updated Kidd and Scalabrine scans promised in the last update? lol
Old 02-15-2023, 07:32 AM   #4
MVP

It says updated sculpts for Harold Minor, but where in the game is he?? He’s not in eras, or in the 92 draft class or main roster.
Old 02-15-2023, 07:53 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

They ruined shooting cpu can’t hit anything I had the perfect sliders for me clippers are shooting under 30% missing everything wide open

Beat the clippers 105-84 they shot 31% I shot 36%. I purposely left them wide open after the first quarter and they missed almost everything. It was only one game but I’ve never seen the CpU shoot that horrible on this game. I’ll try a couple more games but I don’t have high hopes. Sick and tired of always having to adjust sliders.

Last edited by chitown1-23; 02-15-2023 at 08:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2023, 10:07 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

Ouch... Shooting is broken again....
Old 02-15-2023, 10:09 AM   #7
Banned

GSW3011239's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
My god. Their “High percentage/low percentage” tweak no doubt will be the final hammer into this once great game. I can already tell it’s going to make even remotely contested shots harder than they already were, and make open shots go in like 2K22 style. These are all issues this game originally FIXED from 2K22. Now it’s just 2K22 again.

1 step forward, 4 steps back.

How's rewarding good shot selection vs poor shot selection a bad thing?
Old 02-15-2023, 10:50 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW3011239
How's rewarding good shot selection vs poor shot selection a bad thing?
According to 2K, anything contested at all is a bad shot therefore won’t go in. And if you’ve watched the NBA, that’s clearly not how things work.

I would absolutely agree IF the game was cheese with contested shots where they go in too much. But it’s the opposite. Out of the box contested shots never went in. I had to lower defensive jumpshot strength sliders to 10 just to make it realistic. Now after this patch am I supposed to lower it to 0?

They keep fixing things that aren’t broken, therefore breaking things. Then break them more when they try to “fix them again.”

When 2K22 came out this message board was on cloud 9. Everyone saying it was the best 2K ever. Then after the first patch it was destroyed, now many call it the worst 2K (imo 2K21 next gen is by far the worst 2K. Defense non existent).

Then 2K23 comes out, and once again we’re all saying it’s not just the greatest 2K ever, but the greatest sports game ever.

It goes months with no touches to gameplay. Then all of a sudden, they pull the rug out and send us all scrambling back to sliders. Then they keep tweaking new things and then re tweaking them to send us back to slider hell. It’s insane.

The f*#^}^}ing game wasn’t broken to begin with. Why mess with it. Now it’s a complete chaotic disaster.

I’m sure I can ONCE AGAIN find a slider balance to get it right. But I’m tired of constantly redoing sliders after I get them into a sweet spot.

I CAN’T WAIT until 2K24 comes out. Not so I can buy it (I’m not masochist so I’m not gonna willingly go through all this again), but so they can finally leave 2K23 alone and maybe I can play it without having worry they’re gonna undo everything I like about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »