Home

Every Game Needs a Stadium Creator

This is a discussion on Every Game Needs a Stadium Creator within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2023, 12:15 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Every Game Needs a Stadium Creator

As we patiently wait for MLB The Show 23, I find my focus and excitement evenly...

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2023, 12:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Every Game Needs a Stadium Creator

The Show (and maybe PGA 2K) have it the hardest because the field of play is variable between each stadium and I imagine that's tough to code and apply the correct physics.

Other games (NBA 2K & Madden specifically) have it much easier because the field/court doesn't change by it's surroundings. If golf and baseball games can do this, then there's no excuse for other games not to have it.
Old 02-28-2023, 12:43 PM   #3
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't create stadiums because I don't think I would be good at it. But some of these guys (you know who you are) are so good at creating stadiums, and I've used a bunch of them in '22. I'm hoping they've added more to the create a stadium options. It's an amazing feature that's pretty addictive.
Old 02-28-2023, 01:00 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I have created and uploaded a number of historic stadiums including League Park in Cleveland and I really enjoy Stadium Creator. My only issue is that in creating stands from scratch is trying to line up the upper deck with the lower deck. They do not "snap in place" like they should so I have to fiddle with it to get it lined up as best I can. Hopefully this is improved in MLB 23.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-28-2023, 01:17 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

it would be great if every sports game had create a stadium/park/field/arena but baseball with its unique dimensions varying from diamond to diamond, thats a must have. when I'm playing Madden or NBA2K I'm less worried about whatever perceived differences between playing areas because those differences are largely cosmetic in nature.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2023, 04:23 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

This would be a great feature for AAA every game in 2023, but specifically I’m nominating FIFA. It’s impossible for the devs to include every stadium in the world so let the community do the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2023, 06:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 32

I’d love the ability to improve my stadium throughout a franchise mode. This would be a blast turning a small team into a powerhouse in NCAA Football or FIFA. Better upgrades with success on the field or similar reward dynamic.

It would be great to see dynamic elements in stadiums (ie. Championship banners). It would add much needed immersion to franchise modes.

Las Vegas Raiders | Atlanta Braves | NCAA Football
Old 02-28-2023, 08:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
it would be great if every sports game had create a stadium/park/field/arena but baseball with its unique dimensions varying from diamond to diamond, thats a must have. when I'm playing Madden or NBA2K I'm less worried about whatever perceived differences between playing areas because those differences are largely cosmetic in nature.
This is a terrific point as I've always thought about it in the reverse (because of the points I made above), although I do find myself choosing to play games in Madden or in NCAA based on how interesting I find the stadiums cosmetically.

There isn't much variation in NBA arenas to me, at least with the camera angles I use, though an NHL-like ability to customize some of the things within the arena would be nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »