Home

Tired of the 4 week injuries

This is a discussion on Tired of the 4 week injuries within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2023, 05:00 PM   #1
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Tired of the 4 week injuries

What injury slider are you guys using where you don’t see multiple torn labrum injuries? I like seeing injuries happen but every game I lose a player, usually a good starter on my team to a torn labrum or some 4 week injury and it’s annoying.

I’ve had the slider at 30 and 25 and even 20 and still at least get one 4 week injury a game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2023, 09:05 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Tired of the 4 week injuries

This is EXACTLY why I play injuries off in every sports game. I have never, not once, in 25 years seen a game that can reproduce realistic injuries in terms of their duration or severity.
Old 03-07-2023, 09:25 PM   #3
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
This is EXACTLY why I play injuries off in every sports game. I have never, not once, in 25 years seen a game that can reproduce realistic injuries in terms of their duration or severity.
I don’t mind seeing injuries but I never see like hamstring or just injuries that may just last a week. I only see 4 week injuries, mostly all the time and it’s multiple times.
Old 03-08-2023, 03:06 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I don’t mind seeing injuries but I never see like hamstring or just injuries that may just last a week. I only see 4 week injuries, mostly all the time and it’s multiple times.
You put up with the game wrongly and randomly getting guys injured or you turn them off. I turn them off, other people leave them on. I dont have the time or interest in seeing a guy who never gets injured in real life having a 4 week injury.
Old 03-08-2023, 06:55 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
What injury slider are you guys using where you don’t see multiple torn labrum injuries? I like seeing injuries happen but every game I lose a player, usually a good starter on my team to a torn labrum or some 4 week injury and it’s annoying.

I’ve had the slider at 30 and 25 and even 20 and still at least get one 4 week injury a game

51. I get a decent mix. And the torn labrum ranges from 4-9 weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2023, 09:53 AM   #6
Pro

Yeah... these torn labrums and bruised sternums are definitely annoying. And it's the OL who get 90% of the injuries.

But my biggest issue with injuries is the fact that QBs are invincible. But I worry EA sees that then next year, QBs get injured every game
Old 03-09-2023, 03:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

Injuries is something that needs a significant overall.

I"m ok with the higher injury rate related to contact and collisions, and it's impact on the OL and DL.
There needs to be more variety of type and length. The dice roll for type seems stuck on torn labrum.

The changes need to be:
Injury rating being more meaningful to differentiate between the never injured, and the rarely healthy. For older players especially, the injury likelyhood should be the fall off in those later years, rather then the skill drop off.
More depth to longer term but minor injuries that can hinder a player but still play through. Right now, that's too extreme. The rare cases it comes up it's too extreme.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:49 AM   #8
Rookie

John_Elway's Arena

OVR: 8

I use 26 for my injury slider with Fatigue at 55. Not really sure if Fatigue and Injury work together or not.

I see a couple injuries in each game but alot of times players are out for 1 quarter or a few plays, so that seems pretty realistic to me. I also seem a mix of injuries on CPU teams ranging from 1 week all the way up to 27 weeks and on IR.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »