Home

You Should NOT Have to Do Story Quest Again on Rebirth!

This is a discussion on You Should NOT Have to Do Story Quest Again on Rebirth! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2023, 07:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
You Should NOT Have to Do Story Quest Again on Rebirth!

You should also get full privs from the beginning, like starting, minutes, trade influence, free agency. I don't understand why not. It's time to open it up, game has been out awhile!

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2023, 04:17 PM   #2
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: You Should NOT Have to Do Story Quest Again on Rebirth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
You should also get full privs from the beginning, like starting, minutes, trade influence, free agency. I don't understand why not. It's time to open it up, game has been out awhile!

-Smak

Yup.

Waste of time.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Operation Sports
Old 03-22-2023, 07:13 AM   #3
MVP

My first dude somehow didnt have to do the skate stuff and beyond, i really just wanna play nxt game. Add story rewards like loot boxes or some crap i dont care but dont force me to play a 4 ft girl in horse, design shoes etc be in a fashion show. Wew. I was cool w the hot dog quest tho. I still wear it. The hot dog represents the struggle.

-Smak
Old 03-22-2023, 07:20 AM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The crazy thing is that one of the producers came out and said unprompted that the best thing about the story mode is that you don’t have to participate if you don’t want….but unlike last year you literally can’t start games before completing some quests..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2023, 07:54 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The crazy thing is that one of the producers came out and said unprompted that the best thing about the story mode is that you don’t have to participate if you don’t want….but unlike last year you literally can’t start games before completing some quests..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also heard it got high marks for story and it’s kinda interesting minus all the walking and being benched, would be cooler if there were branching options, but I want to puke the second time around. It’s as you said, just an obstacle to playing games. Basic game theory is don’t prevent people from playing your game haha.

Even if u had to play in some bot rec league, I just wanna play gms and lvl up and I don’t always wanna run w people.

O well it’s ok cuz we know multiplayer mc coming next year!

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2023, 08:45 PM   #6
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

Rebirth needs a skip story option. I can’t stand the free throw quest. One of the worst especially if you have a big.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:37 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
Rebirth needs a skip story option. I can’t stand the free throw quest. One of the worst especially if you have a big.
It took me awhile. I have late onset free throw anxiety haha. And both my players can miss full greens. But yea somehow I just became un-automatic from ft line. Shooting legit like 40% in rec haha. Still the quest gives u pts even if u lose. That’s one thing about it, u can farm badges and Vc in a lot of them. Still it’s wack.

Finally got in rhythm after like six tries tho and blew that girl off the court.

My friend was using one of the quests to lvl up. I’ve always preferred games. I don’t even like practice etc if the games are going well. Need to get to regular play, sim to playoffs, and get some bball I can get immersed in. Even v bots, playoffs!

I mean I laid the blue print or helped spread it about how to get starting, get into max territory, sim season, sign 1k 1.1 contract and get paid. So no reason to waste time practicing. Kinda like how i mentioned u can farm sim cast live and they’ve continually slowed down the x6 speed.

I think it’s fair to hold us back the first time, tho I dislike the mini game quests too. They should be rewards not gates. But I understand that they wann keep us from entering optimal farm land. However, second time nooo. Some year they had unskippable cutscenes and removed those late so I’m hoping they can do me a favor. I usually try c, pf, wing as my guys but I dono if I can stand 3rd. Just barely sloggin thru second.

-Smak
Old 05-13-2023, 09:18 AM   #8
MVP

Bumping this. Like 2k patched in cut scene skip one year, let’s get this before the next game plz.

I wanna play games with my player!

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »