Home

2nd round draft picks

This is a discussion on 2nd round draft picks within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2023, 10:10 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
2nd round draft picks

Haven't played since 2k21 but does the cpu finally sign their 2nd round picks in franchise mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2023, 11:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2nd round draft picks

They still don’t sign them. Even if they have 3 players on the roster, doesn’t matter. And the 2nd rounders will sit in free agency for years asking for way too much money.
Old 03-24-2023, 11:24 PM   #3
Pro

Nope, you need to take over all teams after the draft to make sure they get signed (and again the next year to make sure their contract options get picked up where appropriate.

Most of this sort of crap still exists in MyNBA as they obviously just roll out the same coding every year.
Old 03-25-2023, 12:47 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Appreciate the responses, damn shame because I see it's on sale.
Old 03-29-2023, 07:13 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
Appreciate the responses, damn shame because I see it's on sale.

shuda still grabbed. It's def rly dumb tho, esp when you get a high one, and they default 'release,' it's like uh rite now I got 3 people under contract and we dunno what's gonna happen in free agency so I'm thinking SIGN buddy.

I mean they could add in a check box that is like "AUTO SIGN DRAFT PICKS (ALL, FIRST, SECOND)" and help a little.

I really enjoyed them introducing movement and pass speed sliders, movement CURVE I mean. They just need to keep adding easy ways for us to fix some of the more flawed aspects. As someone who has played many games, and some fun games that were pretty buggy, I can deal with stuff if there is a work around that works. Having something NOT work is unacceptable tbh. Just like pulling up a rotation timeline and you see it has a dude playing 48 min off the bat. It's like OK.

They would do best to add more toggles, like I said, as well as more ways to edit things, like templates to apply. There should be rotation templates. I'm not gonna ramble any more thoo.

It'd be so easy to fix. LET'S GOOOO.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2023, 08:11 AM   #6
Pro

You know we'll get to 2k28 and second rounders will still never get signed, draft classes will still be full of guys with the same Alec Baldwin haircut, using "sim to end" in a game will still result in 185-180 scores, high end free agents will still sign one-year contracts because the CPU can't manage a salary cap and New York will still try to trade you Jalen Brunson every week.

They have not changed or refined the under the hood fundamentals of it in years now. Second round picks all not being signed is such a glaring issue too that has existed for years, but fixing that doesn't make them money.
Old 03-30-2023, 05:28 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
You know we'll get to 2k28 and second rounders will still never get signed, draft classes will still be full of guys with the same Alec Baldwin haircut, using "sim to end" in a game will still result in 185-180 scores, high end free agents will still sign one-year contracts because the CPU can't manage a salary cap and New York will still try to trade you Jalen Brunson every week.

They have not changed or refined the under the hood fundamentals of it in years now. Second round picks all not being signed is such a glaring issue too that has existed for years, but fixing that doesn't make them money.

The CPU figures it out, in the end. I put my cap at lowest, lowest growth, I changed the salary expectation so people are making like 40-50m as superstars lol 90s style MJ. Still, they originally messed up the draft/signing, but it wasn't long before everyone had a home. Making trades, tho, is really messed up by that.

Franchise is amazingly deep. The simulator aspect of 2k is extremely underrated. I dunno how it compares to raw sims, but they aren't doing the same thing, 2k, at its best, is quick simming actual gameplay (altho the game play isn't SIM, it's potentially sim.) So, all the weird stuff, esp once you get to year 5 or whatever is ??? but I mess w/ all my sliders. The funny thing is that with the cap as it is in my leeg, they would def wanna sign 2nd rounders to fill out roster. Dudes will take a 2nd rounder to seal a trade and then they don't even sign the guy.

Way too many 95-99 players in the game, IMO.

also lol at trading. I still wanna see trading be like, if you have trade finder, you put a guy up and it's like YOU HAVE RECEIVED 30 calls about this player, and you'd pick 3 to answer and then see their offer, edit it, it would take time, etc... then you'd have to wait a week or something. The way trading works, it's just too easy to keep rolling trade finder. And in the same way you stick people as untouchable, you should be able to label players as unwanted OR it should be like NY is calling you about a trade (forgot what team that dude is even on tbh lol) and you can be like DON'T ANSWER then eventually they'd give up.

-Smak
Old 04-02-2023, 03:09 PM   #8
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
Haven't played since 2k21 but does the cpu finally sign their 2nd round picks in franchise mode?
If you don't want to take control of CPU teams after every season's draft I found that starting the mode with CPU Re-Signing Aggressiveness pumped all the way up will lead to CPU teams signing their 2nd rounders in free agency. You also have to make sure in the contract settings that the Overall Ratings for Minimum Contract is equal to the best players in the 2nd round, so they accept the minimum/two-way offers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »