Home

Pitchers, not necessarily aces, who give you trouble?

This is a discussion on Pitchers, not necessarily aces, who give you trouble? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2023, 09:54 PM   #1
Rookie

Jroll11's Arena

OVR: 0
Pitchers, not necessarily aces, who give you trouble?

Just curious if anyone has certain pitchers, who aren’t necessarily even aces, they don’t like facing? Back in the day, it was Beachy of the Braves, found his change up impossible and was thankful when he was out of the game. More recently, one who I just played today and reminded me of my ineptitude, is Kyle Hendricks of the Cubs. Throws slop, but it just annihilates me. Change up and sinker just fall off a cliff!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2023, 10:17 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Pitchers, not necessarily aces, who give you trouble?

Hendricks would always make me look like a fool too in past years. I struggled really bad today against Darvish, I just could not stay back on his cutter
Old 04-15-2023, 10:19 PM   #3
Banned

Ace or not, if they have big differences in velocity from fastball to off-speed pitches, I look last at the plate. Throw me a good changeup that falls off the table and bounces off the back of the plate and I'm hacking at it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:21 PM   #4
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroll11
Just curious if anyone has certain pitchers, who aren’t necessarily even aces, they don’t like facing? Back in the day, it was Beachy of the Braves, found his change up impossible and was thankful when he was out of the game. More recently, one who I just played today and reminded me of my ineptitude, is Kyle Hendricks of the Cubs. Throws slop, but it just annihilates me. Change up and sinker just fall off a cliff!
The Brewers had a reliever who gave me fits 5-10 years ago. I don't remember his name now, but he threw submarine style and didn't have any sort of fastball. All curveball, sliders and changeups. I just was completely helpless against him. He could come in and no hit me for three or four innings and the best I could do was hit some foul balls and wait for his turn to come up to hit so they'd take him out. Every game vs MIL for years, same story.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:23 PM   #5
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy85410
Ace or not, if they have big differences in velocity from fastball to off-speed pitches, I look last at the plate. Throw me a good changeup that falls off the table and bounces off the back of the plate and I'm hacking at it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
I've had that problem for years too. If a change up is low and inside or below the zone, I swing and miss 90% of the time. Tens of thousands of at bats in the show, and I'm no better than I was on the ps3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2023, 10:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Jroll11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
The Brewers had a reliever who gave me fits 5-10 years ago. I don't remember his name now, but he threw submarine style and didn't have any sort of fastball. All curveball, sliders and changeups. I just was completely helpless against him. He could come in and no hit me for three or four innings and the best I could do was hit some foul balls and wait for his turn to come up to hit so they'd take him out. Every game vs MIL for years, same story.
Been playing the show since 08 and still can’t hit submarine style pitchers for my life. Automatic out for me.
Old 04-15-2023, 10:46 PM   #7
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Just about any lefty. Man, I hate ‘em.
Old 04-15-2023, 11:26 PM   #8
Rookie

Just about any pitcher that has a fastball slower than 90 and breaking balls or offspeed pitches in the 70s. With so many guys throwing mid 90s and up its so hard to slow down pressing buttons that early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »