Home

50/50 balls non-existent in PS5 version?

This is a discussion on 50/50 balls non-existent in PS5 version? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2023, 01:17 PM   #1
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
50/50 balls non-existent in PS5 version?

I haven't played much Madden this year. It's definitely not my favorite game, but its fun sometimes and looks great graphics wise. But did they just completely remove 50/50 balls?

Have OBJ and Garrett Wilson on the Jets and even with catching at SEVENTY in sliders I throw a lob pass when they're streaking and the DB breaks it up EVERY. TIME.

What's sad is I play 23 on PC which is the last Gen version and OBJ one hands 50/50 balls pretty consistently.

Am I crazy?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2023, 01:33 PM   #2
MVP

Re: 50/50 balls non-existent in PS5 version?

Wilson beats the DB off the line of scrimmage, has him on his hip. The second I threw the ball the DB blows past Wilson to get 2 steps on him to break up the pass. Speed differential between DB and Wilson was 2 points for the DB. He had a 94 speed and Wilson has a 92.

2 points of speed let's you accelerate past the receiver after being beat off the line of scrimmage?
Old 04-26-2023, 02:35 PM   #3
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm not sure what passing version you're using, but I have to throw high and lob and lead to get a decent outcome on go routes. If you just lob/lead, the pass is targeted to come down at the guy's chest which gives the DB an angle to swat.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:45 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

As howardphillips214 alluded to — use L2 free-form pass leading and lead your pass a bit further down the field and towards the sideline. You don't need the high pass modifier. The turkey hole pass is very much there for the taking in Madden 23 on PS5.

Takes a bit of practice to dial it in, but this was my primary way to attack Cover 2 in this past year's game. If you can get the timing of the pass right relative to the receiver winning his release, you don't even need speed to win at the catch point; I could repeatably cook boundary cornerbacks with CeeDee Lamb, who has SPD 90.

The release of the receiver against press is absolutely critical to taking this shot. If the receiver doesn't win at the line quickly, come off of him fast and look for something else. If the receiver isn't facing press coverage, don't run a go route at all.
Old 04-28-2023, 10:34 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

If I may help, two things…

1) “93” SPD is still the min for the fastest Run Cycle Animation, so that 92 SPD is exactly the same Run Cycle Animation as 80 SPD

2)***Jump Rating controls the % a player will attempt an jump to catch an pass
- DB’s have an under-the-hood 3.5yrd auto-jump attempt radius for INT attempts

***”0” DB’s Jump Rating & the other catch/catch knockout animations will trigger
- same for WR/TE/RB’s to keep them from triggering an Agg Catch when they’re behind the defender, they’ll just run under the ball

- I give 25 Jump for those Star WR/DB’s so the AI will jump
- 35 Jump rating still triggers the players Jumping so i just did 25

Draft Class editing is rather quick when you know what you want to edit, Front End Roster (3300+ players) is where the drain comes in doing it by yourself.

***Keep in mind, the outcomes from this is based off an clean Profile (delete/reload) and 100% EA Default settings (not a single slider adjustment) where we know the Thresholds & some of the Formulas etc.

Adjusting a Slider sends your Profile into an Custom setting where these Thresholds/Formulas etc are unknown as to their settings (ie rabbit hole)

Last edited by khaliib; 04-28-2023 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2023, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

So I play on Classic passing. You're telling me it's no longer receiver open press button, sure. But I just turned off PC Madden also. Press man, go route. Drake London is 6'5. Beats defender off the snap, as soon as my feet are set I lead the ball in front of the receiver, when I PRESSED the button the DB is behind the receiver. As soon as the ball leaves my hand the DB side steps WR and gets in front of him and Drake London bats the ball down so it's not a pick.

I'm sorry but that interaction is completely out of my hands because I play Franchise as the QB.

Go routes are just dead in Madden period, OK.
Old 04-28-2023, 03:05 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Set your coaching for catching to "aggressive" on deep passes (and intermediate if you choose).

Madden 23 just doesn't have the WR default to go after the ball. You either have to set it to aggressive in coach settings or manual press triangle (or Y on Xbox) on 50/50 balls.
Old 04-28-2023, 06:01 PM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I'm sorry but that interaction is completely out of my hands because I play Franchise as the QB.
You have the choice available to you — right now, today, no patches needed — to learn to use free-form passing controls and subsequently put the result of that interaction back into your hands and complete more passes on go routes.

To repeat myself: boundary go routes are my foremost weapon of choice against Cover 2 zones (and also against Cover 1 Press) in Madden 23. The pass is there. I've completed it dozens of times.

It is admittedly a little bit finicky to learn; in particular I had to mess around with my reticle sensitivity settings a bit to dial in a pace I was comfortable with. Additionally, your quarterback's release animation speed can affect affect your timing (which can mess you up if you have to suddenly swap QBs; for example, if your starting QB gets injured and you have to switch to the backup).

Quote:
Go routes are just dead in Madden period, OK.
The deep ball is alive and well in this game when you choose to learn how to throw it.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 04-28-2023 at 06:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »