Home

Can we talk about "Shot Timing Impact" slider?

This is a discussion on Can we talk about "Shot Timing Impact" slider? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2023, 01:45 PM   #1
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Can we talk about "Shot Timing Impact" slider?

I been messing with this and I can't wrap my head around it. Should we even mess with this? What's the ideal setting? I feel like if I mess with this, it makes all the other shots squirrely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2023, 09:17 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Can we talk about "Shot Timing Impact" slider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
I been messing with this and I can't wrap my head around it. Should we even mess with this? What's the ideal setting? I feel like if I mess with this, it makes all the other shots squirrely.
I keep it at 10 for me and cpu cause otherwise it’s too hard for to make consistent jumpers. I also use no meter. I had it at zero but realized at 0 you don’t get lots of various “miss” animations like airballs and wild misses. So 10 is perfect for what I’m looking for.
Old 05-05-2023, 10:58 PM   #3
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
I keep it at 10 for me and cpu cause otherwise it’s too hard for to make consistent jumpers. I also use no meter. I had it at zero but realized at 0 you don’t get lots of various “miss” animations like airballs and wild misses. So 10 is perfect for what I’m looking for.
Thanks man I’ll give that a shot! Where do you put your 3 pt sliders at?
Old 05-06-2023, 07:08 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Thanks man I’ll give that a shot! Where do you put your 3 pt sliders at?
I have those at 59-60 currently (one of those usually) and it’s got me finally making some threes.

Also very importantly I have defensive jumpshot strength sliders turned down to 10 for user and cpu.
Old 05-09-2023, 07:23 AM   #5
MVP

jk31's Arena

We played around with that in our previous season in 2k23.

Shot Timing Impact 100 = the green timing window gets really big and most shots are green.
Shot Timing Impact 0 = there are nearly no green releases anymore, even if you time it perfectly

What we did was reduce timing impact to like 20 and simultaneously increase 3pt success to 57, but that resulted in shots falling completely randomly regardless of playerrating and shot selection. completely mistimed shots with poor shooters went in at a comparable rate to well timed shots with good shooters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2023, 08:23 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Shot Timing Impact 100 = the green timing window gets really big and most shots are green.
Shot Timing Impact 0 = there are nearly no green releases anymore, even if you time it perfectly

no way, that cant be true can it?!?!?
Old 05-09-2023, 05:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

What we did was reduce timing impact to like 20 and simultaneously increase 3pt success to 57, but that resulted in shots falling completely randomly regardless of playerrating and shot selection. completely mistimed shots with poor shooters went in at a comparable rate to well timed shots with good shooters.
Mmmh... for me it works exactly the opposite.
Shoot timing 0 = green windows is wider, you'll hit more shots
Shoot timing 100 = you need to be close to perfect timing for hitting shoots.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:23 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:

No way that’s true (100 being a wider window). There must be some glitch they makes the sliders work opposite for online leagues?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »