Home

No More Feelng Sorry!!

This is a discussion on No More Feelng Sorry!! within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2023, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
No More Feelng Sorry!!

There was a time I felt sorry for 2K for losing the NFL license. I felt it set a bad path for the future of gaming. I think I actually cried a little. So as a gamer, you can imagine my excitement when they announced All Pro Football 2K8. I was happy again - excited to have a football game that I would really sink my time into. Some of you may remember the days prior to release when they did an interview with one of the game creators and the Interviewer asked about how the franchise mode would be without NFL players. Some of you may also remember the look on the interviewers face when it was said that there would be no franchise mode due to the legend players and the focus on gameplay. People of the press usually train for years to keep a straight face while on camera, and although he did a great job of trying, his look was the same one that most of had once that fact was revealed.

Here we are 15 years later, and the amount of football games that have surfaced since then are too many to count, whereas, the amount that are actually good, you can count on one hand. Most of the football games had decent sales based solely on the fact that it was a football game that wasn't Madden. Now some of us have gone to college and have had to endure both Micro and Macro economics. We have been drilled on the laws of supply and demand. With all that being said, you can sit here and tell me that there are actually people who sit in a board room of sorts over at 2K games, and haven't managed to realize that there is an active, and hungry audience that has a demand for a good product that they can and have supplied? They sit and put money and resources behind a Lego racing game but don't see a market for the one product that even allows their name to still even matter? 2K can drop a a cleaned up version of All Pro 2k8 with NFL 2k5's options and franchise with made up names right now, without spending a dime on advertisement, and the word of mouth would probably shut down XBOX and PS servers in less than 24 hours. If a game called, simply "2K Football 23" appeared in the digital stores tomorrow, there would be a state of emergency declared by lunch time.

Their lack of capitalizing on what would be ground zero for sports gaming shows me their lack of business intuition and is probably the reason why the NFL parted ways. Seeing this opportunity fall by the wayside is why I can no longer feel sorry for 2K games. They should be ashamed of themselves. Doug Flutie Maximum Football, Axis Football, Backbreaker. All of these failed attempts to bring something tangible to the table should be commended for at least trying. 2K, just remember, you miss 100% of the balls you don't take a swing at.!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2023, 03:21 PM   #2
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: No More Feelng Sorry!!

2k 5hinks They have a shot at the NFL license so they don't want step on the NFL toes and that's from 2k own mouth after allpro was released

It's sad that they being in denial about this
The community knows,the NFL knows,even EA knows they not ending that exclusive License
That marriage locked 🔒 together and the key has been thrown
Old 05-31-2023, 03:41 PM   #3
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Head Coach 09 is the best franchise simulation, in my opinion. (its really not even close)

Why not go that route? I think there could be an audience for that, similar to Out of the Park Baseball. Head Coach was already a solid foundation, if they could build on it the way OOTP has made additions over the years, that game could be extraordinary.

The only thing I can respect or understand for not making a game is the cost. Flat out. It can't be easy starting from scratch. Sad to say, in this economy, maybe they just won't take the risk.

Hard to watch, I know that much.
Old 05-31-2023, 06:01 PM   #4
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

2k is doing something so there is always that to hope for. Until Madden rebuilds their base game and makes it more open then we are stuck in wait and see. I can't bash 2k before they even drop a new product, after suffering with Madden for so long. What could be worse.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 05-31-2023, 06:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJags904
2k is doing something so there is always that to hope for. Until Madden rebuilds their base game and makes it more open then we are stuck in wait and see. I can't bash 2k before they even drop a new product, after suffering with Madden for so long. What could be worse.

Everything thats be made since 2K8 has been worse. by the way Dope kicks in the opening shot of Fast Lane fam..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2023, 07:06 PM   #6
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugsbunny
Everything thats be made since 2K8 has been worse. by the way Dope kicks in the opening shot of Fast Lane fam..
Thanks a million. Yea it's been rough since 2k8 and that left alot to be desired

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 06-01-2023, 12:54 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 14

There's no game coming out. There was probably a clause in the contract to cancel the contract if a game wasn't released in the first few years and they're keeping quiet to not upset their remaining fan base.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:05 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

ROI=Return on Investment. IF 2k thought there was a good return on investment they would have released a generic football game already.

IN addition, a AAA developer cant afford to release a game without proper development, etc. Reputation and future potential licensing deals also have to be taken into consideration when making these decisions.

I do agree that an APF 2k with generic rosters and franchise mode would sell today, but the market is different now, back in 08 it would have failed if they continued to make APF.

Im all in for a new 2k football game, and I will purchase when they do decide to release a new title, until then Ill continue to play 2k4, 2k5, APF2k8 sparingly, and try out all the independent titles on the market.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »