Home

Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2023, 12:25 PM   #1
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

Madden NFL 24 unlocks for Deluxe Edition pre-orders and EA PLAY trial access Tuesday at midnight. This thread will unlock at that time.

Please only post impressions in this thread. Q&A / commentary / non-impressions will be deleted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2023, 12:30 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 24 Impressions | PS5, XBOX Series X/S, PC

Poking around, it seems that certain preorders from specific retailers are already unlocking, so I'll go ahead and open the impressions threads up.
Old 08-14-2023, 01:25 PM   #3
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Played first game. patriots (me) vs titans. (CPU). All-pro and 6 minute quarters

Won 35-14.

Mac Jones was 15-20 for 308 yards 3TDs and 1 int. Hot Route Streaks are wide open a lot. Also the playbooks are pretty wild with some of the formations. Tannehill was 12-28 for 118 yards and 1 int. He seemed to be rolling out a a ton to make a pass. I did see a bunch of errant throws.

Stevenson went 20 Carries for 52 yards and 2 TD. When you run a variety of plays and formations the run game is good. I tried to run the same play a few times in a row and it went nowhere. Also going shotgun and running inside zone inside the 5 isn’t an automatic TD this year.

Henry was 7 Carrie’s for 75 yards. Hard to tackle with one guy on first hit.

I had 4 sacks (2 with Judon). They had 2.

If you liked 23 (as I did). You will probably like 24. Graphically it looks even better. In between plays is definitely better. Sometimes cool graphics after a TD with a players pic who scored.

One penalty which was block in the back on a punt return. Only injuries were small but all occurred off the ball away from the play.
Old 08-14-2023, 02:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Played first game. patriots (me) vs titans. (CPU). All-pro and 6 minute quarters

Won 35-14.

Mac Jones was 15-20 for 308 yards 3TDs and 1 int. Hot Route Streaks are wide open a lot. Also the playbooks are pretty wild with some of the formations. Tannehill was 12-28 for 118 yards and 1 int. He seemed to be rolling out a a ton to make a pass. I did see a bunch of errant throws.

Stevenson went 20 Carries for 52 yards and 2 TD. When you run a variety of plays and formations the run game is good. I tried to run the same play a few times in a row and it went nowhere. Also going shotgun and running inside zone inside the 5 isn’t an automatic TD this year.

If you liked 23 (as I did). You will probably like 24. Graphically it looks even better. In between plays is definitely better. Sometimes cool graphics after a TD with a players pic who scored.

One penalty which was block in the back on a punt return. Only injuries were small but all occurred off the ball away from the play.
Based on my time on the beta for PC, I agree the graphics look even better. Are you on PC or console?
Old 08-14-2023, 02:48 PM   #5
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iztrumental
Based on my time on the beta for PC, I agree the graphics look even better. Are you on PC or console?
Xbox Series X.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2023, 03:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31

Won 35-14.

Was the new scoreboard up in Gilette?
Old 08-14-2023, 04:14 PM   #7
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipsterSudz
Was the new scoreboard up in Gilette?
Unfortunately it doesn’t appear to be in.
Old 08-14-2023, 04:22 PM   #8
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Game 2. Same settings. Pats Vs Dolphins

Mac Jones. 9/10 99 yards 1 TD
Tua 10/22 135 yards 1 TD

Stevenson 23 for 124 yards. Lots of fun new run plays and formations.

Mosert 11 for 57 yards

It seems like I saw more missed passes than knockouts especially early in the game. As the game went on I did see a few drops across the middle.

The running game feels better even though my yard per carry is lower than in previous years. I also don’t feel like on 3rd and 2 I will 100% convert it for a first down like in 23.

Forgot to mention in first game the CPU used all 3 timeouts while down 3 scores under a minute to go. Pretty sure it was always 2 scores.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »