Home

canes21 College Football 25 Sliders

This is a discussion on canes21 College Football 25 Sliders within the EA Sports College Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2024, 11:14 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
canes21 College Football 25 Sliders

We're back!

Yep, wasn't sure I'd ever be making a slider set for a college football game again, but here we are. 11 years in the making. Below I will create a rough outline that gets those unfamiliar with my slider sets a chance to understand what I aim for.

If it turns out my sliders don't sound like something you're as interested in, fear not, this community is full of excellent slider makers and there are going to be a number of quality sets you can use.

Everybody plays a bit differently, we all have different skill levels, and this place often has enough slider sets to cover just about everyone out there.

What My Sliders Aim For
Spoiler

What Skill Level Are We Shooting For
Spoiler

A Need to Understand the Game's Limitations
Spoiler

These Sliders Serve as a Base
Spoiler

Do You Use Any House Rules
Spoiler

With all that said, once 4pm gets here today, you can bet I will be grinding out play now games all over the country seeing all the different sights and sounds, the different teams, and I will be working very hard to try and get a slider set ready to go as soon as possible.

As always, whenever an updated set comes out, I will post them in the thread, but the OP will also always have the updated set in it along with all prior versions I've posted. So, if I have released a 1.0 and then 3 subsequent sets and you feel one of the prior sets played better for you, I will always leave them up behind some spoilers so that you always have access to them and can go back to using them.

I'm not trying to gate keep anyone here. At the end of the day, we're all just looking to have a good time with this game and I am simply hoping my slider sets can help at least one person out there other than myself have an even better time with they might otherwise have.

Archived Sets
Spoiler

LAHC 2.0 - I really enjoyed the LAHC set and wanted to try and take them even further and that was the goal of this set. To keep the challenge and realistic gameplay while making the CPU QB's a bit more aggressive and to give the CPU offense a boost without making them unrealistically good. Personally, this is now my favorite set and I don't really see any tweaks I can make. These are what I personally use and recommend. Given the limited sliders we have in the game, I don't really think I can do much else to improve this set, so that's why I am showcasing these as the main set now.

Spoiler

Experimental Sets
Spoiler

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 08-23-2024 at 05:03 PM. Reason: LAHC 2.0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2024, 01:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: canes21 College Football 25 Sliders

Would your sliders be applicable to a coach mode setup?
Old 07-15-2024, 02:48 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb7623
Would your sliders be applicable to a coach mode setup?
I honestly don't know. I've never tried my sliders with coach mode. I think they would potentially provide a decent base with some things needing some boosts to it. Like, I expect my USER QB Accuracy and Run Blocking values are going to be pretty low based off how I see the game is tuned in the videos and those are values that are fine lowered for a user controlled team, but may need to be boosted a little for coach mode.

Things like Pass Coverage and whatnot won't need as many adjustments potentially since I already play No Switch and those are areas that are more CPU player dependent anyways, so they'll already be tuned for CPU control if that makes any sense. Feels like I worded that terribly. Basically, the areas of the game the user has the least impact on I think will work for coach mode, but the other areas that are influenced more by user skill would probably need some adjustments for coach mode.

― Plato
Old 07-15-2024, 06:35 PM   #4
Pro

BarfytheOwl's Arena

OVR: 0

Can't wait man, your set was my favorite for Madden and I'm on board with using yours as my base again.

Some things I've already noticed in my test games:

12min/20 accel may be a little too long for this game, too much scoring in the few games I played with that.

I've got my speed threshold at 75 and I'm loving the way it's playing, I feel like that's a good place to start if things feel too fast.

Injuries at default may be a tad too high, most likely to do with the wear and tear system. I love the idea behind it, but in both play now and RTG, the default setting (10 and 25), has produced injuries on like 6 plays in a row, mostly in the late 3rd and 4th quarters, and mostly in the trenches. I don't think it needs a massive adjustment, but it seems too high right now.

Of course we'll have to see if the release patch fixes any of the above, but I figured I'd give you some info on what I'm seeing so far. Loving the game even with its flaws, I think it's very close to a great game of football out of the box.

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Operation Sports mobile app

Currently listening to: Ice Nine Kills

PSN: Sentient_Ooze
Old 07-15-2024, 07:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Loved your madden 24 set, and was very thrilled to see this post. Much appreciation for your efforts brother!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2024, 09:11 PM   #6
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarfytheOwl
Can't wait man, your set was my favorite for Madden and I'm on board with using yours as my base again.

Some things I've already noticed in my test games:

12min/20 accel may be a little too long for this game, too much scoring in the few games I played with that.

I've got my speed threshold at 75 and I'm loving the way it's playing, I feel like that's a good place to start if things feel too fast.

Injuries at default may be a tad too high, most likely to do with the wear and tear system. I love the idea behind it, but in both play now and RTG, the default setting (10 and 25), has produced injuries on like 6 plays in a row, mostly in the late 3rd and 4th quarters, and mostly in the trenches. I don't think it needs a massive adjustment, but it seems too high right now.

Of course we'll have to see if the release patch fixes any of the above, but I figured I'd give you some info on what I'm seeing so far. Loving the game even with its flaws, I think it's very close to a great game of football out of the box.

In my (so far) game and a half, I have had completely different results..

1-playing with 15 min and runoff to 12 was perfect for what I was looking for.

2-Speed thresh- I always have put it on 95, and for this game is no different, and yes there still is separation and no LB's don't catch up to WR's

3-Injuries- I raised to 50 and have not witnessed anything that drew a "red flag"...

I also went in and zeroed out hum rb, and while the running felt a bit more difficult it was no where what I witnessed in Madden...which was WAY too easy.

I'm sure Canes will come up with a great set, just mentioning what I've witnessed so far.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-15-2024, 09:32 PM   #7
Pro

BarfytheOwl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
In my (so far) game and a half, I have had completely different results..

1-playing with 15 min and runoff to 12 was perfect for what I was looking for.

2-Speed thresh- I always have put it on 95, and for this game is no different, and yes there still is separation and no LB's don't catch up to WR's

3-Injuries- I raised to 50 and have not witnessed anything that drew a "red flag"...

I also went in and zeroed out hum rb, and while the running felt a bit more difficult it was no where what I witnessed in Madden...which was WAY too easy.

I'm sure Canes will come up with a great set, just mentioning what I've witnessed so far.
Fwiw, I'm seeing the injuries mostly in RTG, in play now they happened too but in RTG its been nuts. But like I said above it's mostly in the late 3rd and into the 4th it starts happening, that's why I think it's tied to wear and tear.

Currently listening to: Ice Nine Kills

PSN: Sentient_Ooze
Old 07-15-2024, 09:36 PM   #8
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarfytheOwl
Fwiw, I'm seeing the injuries mostly in RTG, in play now they happened too but in RTG its been nuts. But like I said above it's mostly in the late 3rd and into the 4th it starts happening, that's why I think it's tied to wear and tear.

Oh okay, gotcha.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > EA Sports College Football Sliders »