Home

Recruiting in 2k7

This is a discussion on Recruiting in 2k7 within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
Pro

Ghayghay's Arena

OVR: 7
Recruiting in 2k7

Got some ideas for recruiting in 2k7.

1) Should be able to promise playing time
- Some players would be greatly turned off with low promise or turned on with promise, while others wouldn't care (now it only depends on ratings and position)
- Not fullfilling your promise would mean a) unhappy player (maybe tranferring) b) coach losing reputation (next promise do not impact player as much)
- Promise could be: - Starter 30 min+, 20 min +, 10 min +, limited action, redshirting, OR the best players will play (based on ratings)

2) Players should have different backgrounds
- Upper class background - Midclass - Lower class
- Great student, average student, struggling student, bad student
- Great citizen, average citizen, struggling citizen, bad citizen
- This would be very usefull in Team chemistry (see other post)
- Now in recruiting, Duke for example would recruit more (and get more interest) players from upper-class and good students, while state school would get more players from lower class and average students.. (in general)
*Imagine yourself with the dilemma of recruiting a 6'4' PG 5star with bad students, bad citizen next to his name (see team chemistry)

3) Players should have relations with programs/players/students
-To increase interest you could see in the report card
-Dad went to UNC, Girlfriend will attend Dayton, teammate _____signed at Baylor, played AAU ball with Kansas player __name__, Older brother played at Wisconsin, etc..
* That would simply twist the recruiting game a little bit (while helping mid-majors)

4) Coach should estimate years in College

- In the report card, it should say: probably one and done player, 2 year project, could leave as a junior, normal 4 years
- This would be based on player-pro potential (see other post)

These wouldn't be very hard to input in my opinion... what do you think about it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Recruiting in 2k7

Being a recruiting junkie, I love all of your suggestions. The thing is, a lot of people already complain about how much "work" recruiting is in its current form, so I don't think the developers want to add too much more and create more crying.

So picking the ones that a really would like to see.

1. Promise of playing time really needs to be in. Many kids do not want to go somewhere and sit for 2 years. This would help with the user teams becoming to loaded a few years into the Legacy.

2. Citizenship. i.e.-Player discipline. There should be a risk taking certain ultra-talented, trouble prone players.

3. Projection of length of college career. Once again certain players are going to be riskier propositions than other players. Do you take that 86 OVR who is one and done or the 73 OVR who will be a four year guy.

These would be a nice addition to the recruiting for a single year.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
Banned

lawcutta's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Recruiting in 2k7

I love these ideas!

A few small things I would like to see:

1. A few recruits being listed as PG/SG, SG/SF and PF/C
All recruits shouldn't be lock in at one position
2. The ability to sign walkons and offer them scholarships when they become available. In 2K6 the computer would randomly add walkons to your team and they would stay a walkon.
3. A few really good 1 and 2 star recruits. Every year you have a few players under the radar that go un-noticed and make a immediate impact; don't go overboard. I can't remember seeing a 1 or 2 star recruit that could half-way shoot; not all of them should be real slow. They could mix up. You could have those that can half-way shoot but are slow and unathletic and those that are athletic but can't shoot at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »