Home

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

This is a discussion on STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ON GETTING ROSTERS ON 360

To Get Rosters onto your 360:

What you NEED:
1) A Transfer Cable and it's software (you can download xport360 and xplorer360 for free just google it so no need to worry about that)
2) An xbox 360
3) Copy of NFL 2k5
4) A computer or laptop running windows (macs do not work)

First, before you even think about updating rosters, there is no other way to get them onto your 360 HD but to use a transfer cable to hook up your HDD to your CPU. There are 3 cables you can get. Xport and Xsata are 2 cables you can purchase. Best bet is online on amazon or ebay, but I know if your lucky you can find one at circuit city, gamestop, bestbuy, etc. I suggest you look around...

The third cable is the Microsoft HDD transfer cable which is free. In order to get this you will need to call 1800-4my-xbox and ask them to send you the cable through mail. I know many people have had a hard time getting xbox to send it to them because the purpose of these cables are to transfer your files from the 20gb HDD to the 120gb HDD. Sometimes they ask for proof of purchase but i know people that have gotten it sent to them no problem. People who purchase a bigger HDD for their 360 are the ones who need this cable.
* If interested in getting more info on microsoft's HDD transfer cable go here:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html *
IF YOU DO GET THIS CABLE YOU MUST DOWNLOAD XPLORER360 or XPORT360*recommended*
For xport360 v1.07 click here:
http://us.codejunkies.com/support/su...aspx?prodID=32

YOU CANNOT USE A DATEL TRANSFER KIT BECAUSE YOU CANNOT STORE XBOX 1 GAMESAVES ONTO A 360 MEMORY CARD. IT USES A DIFFERENT FILE SYSTEM.

Some links to buying cables on internet:

xsata on codejunkies:
http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/X..._EF000192.aspx

xport on codejunkies:
http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/X..._EF000191.aspx

xbox 360 harddrive transfer cable on ebay:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

GETTING A CABLE IS THE BIGGEST ISSUE!! Once you have that then the rest is easy!

To get FREE rosters go to:
http://www.nfl2k5rosters.com/
Best and easiest way to find any roster your looking for. Search around, read file descriptions, and pick a file to download...
(dedicated roster makers also post their work in the rosters section of the 2k5 forums)

How to transfer rosters onto 360....

*IF YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED NFL 2K5 ON YOUR 360 BEFORE:
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME SORT OF NFL 2K5 GAMESAVE ON YOUR XBOX360 HD (ex. save your VIP or settings just so you have the nfl2k5 folder on your harddrive that you can open later on when you transfer roster to your harddrive)*

1) hook up hard drive to your computer using transfer cable
2) download roster file
3) click Open roster file
4) unzip file ( to do this click "extract all files" in folder tasks which is on left side of window. extraction wizard will pop up. hit next, next, then finish. A new window will open up with the unzipped files. You will use these extracted files to drag and drop)
5) double click to open UDATA folder
6) double click to open next folder (should say something like "53450030")
7) there you will see a single folder labeled with numbers and letters and 4 .xbx files. ALL YOU NEED IS THE NUMBERED FOLDER. NOT THE .xbx FILES. THAT FOLDER IS THE ONLY THING YOU WILL DRAG onto the 360 hard drive....
8) Open the "xport 360/xplorer360" or w.e program you have, depending on what transfer cable your using.
9) A window will come up and you will select your HDD (it will most likely come up as "Device 1: XBox 360 Hard Disk Drive Size 20.00 GB) and then click "OK" or "OPEN"
10) Now select "Xbox 360 Devices Connected to My Computer"
11) then select "device 1:xbox 360 hard disk drive size 20.00 gb"
12) select: partition 3> compatability> xbox1> UDATA> 53450030 (this is why you needed a gamesave, that is the nfl 2k5 gamesave)
13)Finally drag the folder mentioned in step 6 to the right side of the window with all the other gamesaves listed. (It should automatically drop in and copy into the HD)

Put the harddrive back on you 360, load the game, go to settings, and load the new save. Enjoy!

HOW TO GET CUSTOM MUSIC TO WORK IN 2K5
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...undtracks.html

Last edited by johnnyg713; 08-28-2008 at 08:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

Sticky worthy! (apologies to Elaine)
Old 08-21-2008, 11:41 PM   #3
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I agree. I'll also get this up on the rosters site as many people email about this.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ON GETTING ROSTERS ON 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
i have read a few posts saying this wont work......can you confirm that the datel transfer kit will work?
Old 08-22-2008, 10:13 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ON GETTING ROSTERS ON 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
i have read a few posts saying this wont work......can you confirm that the datel transfer kit will work?
Actually that won't work. I apologize, I must have put that there by mistake. Editing it out now.. The reason it wont work is because it deals with the 360 memory card not the HD. For some reason putting the files on a memory card wont work. You can only transfer to the hard drive. Every other link and cable i have listed will def work however..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #6
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

Thanks to Countryboy for finally getting this info stickied.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've got the PC recognizing the hard drive, but when I open up xplorer360, nothing shows up.

In xplorer360, I went to "Drive--> Open --> Harddrive and Memcard" and then Partition 0, Partition 2, and Partition 3 shows up in the left panel.

The steps say it should be Partition 3, but when I click it, nothing shows up. When I click Partition 2, then I see items.

Am I doing something wrong here?
Old 08-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Nice. Even someone who's technologically challenged like myself can follow these steps.

I'm going to buy the transfer kit (no luck with getting it free) and try this ASAP.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »