Home

ehh's Classic Thread (PS3)

This is a discussion on ehh's Classic Thread (PS3) within the College Hoops 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
ehh's Classic Thread (PS3)

This was something I got started on 360 last winter but now that I've moved over to the PS3 I want to start things back up again. While I still plan on working on a '08-'09 roster I have realized that CH2K8 will probably have a longer life with increased and improved classic team experience.

I'll be posting my classic work in here as each new team is created. These teams are created using the export legacy trick. The teams will wear their current uniforms and play in their real arenas. No generic created unis or arenas here!

I am going through NBA2K8 and translating all the signature shots to CH2K8 so when you're using '96 Georgetown vs '96 UConn, Allen Iverson and Ray Allen will have their signature shots. I plan on matching up every single sig shot through my work.

========DIRECTIONS FOR USING========

To permanently get these teams on your HD so you can use them with any roster set:

1) DL the file off 2K Share/Move to PS3 via flashdrive
2) Load the file
3) Start an open Legacy
4) Turn on customize conference option
5) Add one of the created classic teams and use that team for the legacy
6) Once you get past the ABL, go to the save menu and select Export Team
7) Save it to your HD.

The classic team is now on your HD separately. To load it to any of your other roster sets simply go to load a team from your active roster set and you're good to go.

=============================

The base set for these rosters are Crques' Final 07-08 roster. I have noticed that several of the locked classic teams have not been named or edited so I will be doing that as well but for the time being that remains a work in progress.

I will release my classic roster set with the default 2K classic teams upon completion. Some All-Time (both school and conference) are going to have some work done as well. For example, I have added Michael Beasley and Kevin Durant to the All-Time Big 12 team (only reason he wasn't there is because he's MM08's coverboy) and added Dikembe Mutombo to Georgetown's All-Time team. Since I just repurchased CH2K8 a month ago I still have some work to do in terms of unlocking classic teams.

I will also take requests for any teams, however I cannot guarantee I will create it.

Here is my current line up of teams I will create. I will try to release at least one All-Time and one single-year team per week.

Code:
- 2007 Texas (COMPLETE)
- 2006 UConn
- 2006 Villanova
- 2006 George Mason (COMPLETE - Uploaded in post #17)
- 2005 Arizona (COMPELTE - Uploaded in post #25)
- 2005 Illinois
- 2005 Wake Forest (COMPLETE - Uploaded in post #15)
- 2005 Washington
- 2004 St. Joseph's
- 2004 Duke (COMPLETE - Uploaded in post #15)
- 2004 Oklahoma State
- 2003 Texas
- 2003 Marquette
- 2002 Kansas
- 2002 UConn
- 2001 Notre Dame (COMPLETE - Uploaded in post #5)
- 2001 Kentucky
- 2000 Cincinnati (COMPLETE - Uploaded in post #5)
- 1999 St. John's
- 1997 Utah
- 1996 Syracuse (COMPLETE - Uploaded in Post #3)
- 1996 Villanova
- 1994 UConn
- 1993 Kentucky
- 1993 Temple
- 1992 Ohio State
- 1992 Cincinnati

- All-Time UConn (COMPLETE - Uploaded in Post #3)
- All-Time Syracuse
- All-Time Villanova
- All-Time St. John's
- All-Time Texas
- All-Time Memphis (State)
- All-Time Louisville
- All-Time Florida
- All-Time Texas
- All-Time Cincinnati
- All-Time UNLV
- All-Time Illinois
- All-Time Temple (COMPLETE - Uploaded in Post #3)
- All-Time Gonzaga
- All-Time Boston College
- All-Time Tennessee
- All-Time High School (NBA'ers)

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

Last edited by ehh; 11-18-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #2
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ehh's Classic Thread (PS3)

I'm looking forward to these.

I'll request the All-Time Tennessee team, and it might be fun to do the current year's McDonald's All-American team too.

If you ever get to the All-Vol squad, I can help you with deciding who should be on it, and where to find info, pictures, etc.

Also, I did a lot of work on MM08's classic rosters, and there might be some helpful info links throughout this thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-project.html

Last edited by whittleboy615; 09-08-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

All-Time UConn, All-Time Temple, 1996 Syracuse

Here's the first batch of teams to get things started. I was going to upload 2007 Texas as well but somehow the Texas uniform got lost (there was a generic created uni, yet they still played at the Erwin Center) so I will have to recreate them tonight. Thankfully they're the easiest classic team to make - create Kevin Durant and push everyone else back one year and a few overall points.

Moving on, here are today's teams. For each All-Time team I will post the roster. For all single year teams I will post the roster and a little blurb about the team.

====================

1996 Syracuse

Ovr: 85
Off: 87
Def: 80

1996 was perhaps the most heralded season in Big East history. There were stars and great teams abound, including long-time powerhouse Georgetown, led by sophomore sensation Allen Iverson, and up-and-coming UConn, led by the smooth shooting scoring machine Ray Allen. Villanova was also a contender, boasting a triple-headed monster of Kerry Kittles, Jason Lawson and Alvin Williams. Despite the great talent on those teams, the Big East would send a different representative all the way to the NCAA Finals in 1996. Syracuse had an up-and-down regular season; after going 11-0 to start they began the Big East slate 3-5. They finished the regular season strong but suffered an 18-point loss to UConn in the Big East tournament. In the NCAA's the Orangemen were a #4 seed out of the West region and needed a miracle in their Sweet 16 match up against Georgia to move on. After Jason Cipolla hit a 16-footer as time expired in regulation to send the game to OT, John Wallace burried a 3-pointer with :07 left in OT to give Syracuse a two-point victory. After a three point win over Kansas in the regional final they were off to the Final Four. After knocking off the surprising Mississippi State team in the semis, the Orangemen could not overcome Kentucky in the Finals and fell 76-67. John Wallace was the star, averaging over 22 points and 9 rebounds. Todd Burgan and Otis Hill provided scoring as well while pass-first point guard Lazarus Sims ran the offense. Syracuse's freshman QB and future NFL star Donovan McNabb was a walk-on off the bench.

http://files.filefront.com/96+Syracu.../fileinfo.html
Code:
30 SG Todd Burgan
44 PF John Wallace
 4  C Otis Hill
35 SG Jason Cipolla
 3 PG Lazarus Sims
42 SG Marius Janulis
32  C JB Reafsnyder
11 SG Elimu Nelson
40  C Elvir Ovcina
24 SG Donovan McNabb
All-Time UConn

http://files.filefront.com/All+Time+.../fileinfo.html

Code:
34 SG Ray Allen
50 C  Emeka Okafor
3  SF Caron Butler
32 SF Richard Hamilton
4  SG Ben Gordon
42 PF Donyell Marshall
11 PG Doron Sheffer
22 SF Rudy Gay
5  PG Marcus Williams
31 PF Charlie Villanueva
24 C  Hasheem Thabeet

All-Time Temple

http://files.filefront.com/All+Time+.../fileinfo.html

Code:
21 SG Eddie Jones
14 PG Lynn Greer
12 SG Mark Macon
23 SG Aaron McKie
4  PG Pepe Sanchez
33  C Tim Perry
43 SF Terrence Stansbury
25 PG Mardy Collins
3  SG Nate Blackwell
32 SG Mike Vreeswyk
30 PF Granger Hall
34 SG David Hawkins
5  PG Rick Brunson

Last edited by ehh; 09-09-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
I'm looking forward to these.

I'll request the All-Time Tennessee team, and it might be fun to do the current year's McDonald's All-American team too.
All-Time Tennessee is a good idea, I will definitely at them to the list. And I'll be sure to ask for your help too.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

2000 Cincinnati & 2001 Notre Dame

2000 Cincinnati

Ovr: 86
Off: 85
Def: 87

One of the greatest "what if" teams in recent memory, the Bearcats possessed a loaded team in 2000 led by National POY Kenyon Martin. Pete Mickeal and Ryan Fletcher were great additions to the frontline and point guard Steve Logan was a solid floor general. With the addition of two stud freshman (Dermarr Johnson and Kenny Satterfield) the Bearcats were ready to take on all challenges.
The team finished the C-USA season a perfect 16-0 and was ranked #1 in the country at the end of the regular season. However, their season would come to a crashing hault just three minutes into their first conference tournment game when Martin fractured his leg. Cincinnati would lose their semi-final game to St. Louis and in turn lose their #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. Tulsa ended the Bearcats dream season in the second round of the tournament, 69-61.

Click Here To Download

Code:
 4 PF Kenyon Martin
22 PG Steve Logan
24 PF Ryan Fletcher
32 SF Pete Mickeal
 3 SF Dermarr Johnson
11 PG Kenny Satterfield
 5  C Jermaine Tate
50  C Donald Little
13 SG Leonard Stokes
44  C BJ Grove
2001 Notre Dame

Ovr: 87
Off: 89
Def: 84

While the 2001 Notre Dame team may have underachieved, their star forward Troy Murphy put together his second great season for the Irish. Murphy was a two-time All-America and two-time Big East POY, becoming just the 4th Big East player to accomplish back to back POY awards. Sharp shooters David Graves and Matt Carroll helped carry the scoring load while Ryan Humphrey was an excellent compliment to Murphy on the front line. The Irish were ranked in the Top 25 most of the season but lost to Pitt in the Big East Tournament quarterfinals and lost their second round NCAA tournament game to Ole Miss to end the season. Their 21-10 final record was a bit of a disappointment, but Murphy's individual accomplishments will certainly not be forgotten on Notre Dame's campus any time soon.

Click Here to Download

Code:
34 SF David Graves
42 PF Harold Swanagan
 5  C Ivan Kartelo
15 PF Jere Macura
13 SG Matt Carroll
 4 PF Ryan Humphrey
50  C Tom Timmermans
 3 PF Troy Murphy
20 SG Torian Jones
24 PG Martin Ingelsby
35 PF Hans Rasmussen

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 01:44 AM   #6
Pro

whittleboy615's Arena

OVR: 16

Great work. Hopefully I can try these out this weekend.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
This was something I got started on 360 last winter but now that I've moved over to the PS3 I want to start things back up again. While I still plan on working on a '08-'09 roster I have realized that CH2K8 will probably have a longer life with increased and improved classic team experience.

I'll be posting my classic work in here as each new team is created. These teams are created using the export legacy trick. The teams will wear their current uniforms and play in their real arenas. No generic created unis or arenas here!

I am going through NBA2K8 and translating all the signature shots to CH2K8 so when you're using '96 Georgetown vs '96 UConn, Allen Iverson and Ray Allen will have their signature shots. I plan on matching up every single sig shot through my work.

========DIRECTIONS FOR USING========

To permanently get these teams on your HD so you can use them with any roster set:

1) DL the file off 2K Share/Move to PS3 via flashdrive
2) Load the file
3) Start an open Legacy
4) Turn on customize conference option
5) Add one of the created classic teams and use that team for the legacy
6) Once you get past the ABL, go to the save menu and select Export Team
7) Save it to your HD.

The classic team is now on your HD separately. To load it to any of your other roster sets simply go to load a team from your active roster set and you're good to go.

=============================

The base set for these rosters are Crques' Final 07-08 roster. I have noticed that several of the locked classic teams have not been named or edited so I will be doing that as well but for the time being that remains a work in progress.

I will release my classic roster set with the default 2K classic teams upon completion. Some All-Time (both school and conference) are going to have some work done as well. For example, I have added Michael Beasley and Kevin Durant to the All-Time Big 12 team (only reason he wasn't there is because he's MM08's coverboy) and added Dikembe Mutombo to Georgetown's All-Time team. Since I just repurchased CH2K8 a month ago I still have some work to do in terms of unlocking classic teams.

I will also take requests for any teams, however I cannot guarantee I will create it.

Here is my current line up of teams I will create. I will try to release at least one All-Time and one single-year team per week.

Code:
- 2007 Texas (COMPLETE)
- 2006 UConn
- 2006 Villanova
- 2005 Illinois
- 2005 Wake Forest
- 2004 St. Joseph's
- 2004 Duke
- 2004 Oklahoma State
- 2003 Texas
- 2003 Marquette
- 2002 Kansas
- 2002 UConn
- 2001 Notre Dame (COMPLETE - Uploaded in post #5)
- 2001 Kentucky
- 2000 Cincinnati (COMPLETE - Uploaded in post #5)
- 1999 St. John's
- 1997 Utah
- 1996 Syracuse (COMPLETE - Uploaded in Post #3)
- 1996 Villanova
- 1994 UConn
- 1993 Kentucky
- 1993 Temple
- 1992 Ohio State
- 1992 Cincinnati

- All-Time UConn (COMPLETE - Uploaded in Post #3)
- All-Time Syracuse
- All-Time Villanova
- All-Time St. John's
- All-Time Texas
- All-Time Memphis (State)
- All-Time Louisville
- All-Time Florida
- All-Time Texas
- All-Time Cincinnati
- All-Time UNLV
- All-Time Illinois
- All-Time Temple (COMPLETE - Uploaded in Post #3)
- All-Time Gonzaga
- All-Time Boston College
- All-Time Tennessee
- All-Time High School (NBA'ers)

Ehh do you have this for the 360 already if so where can i get it?
your pal, BIG GREEN
Old 09-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #8
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Green
Ehh do you have this for the 360 already if so where can i get it?
your pal, BIG GREEN
I started the same project for 360 last January but I sold my 360, I didn't get too far.

Here's the thread...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ead-360-a.html

The teams in that thread are:

- 2005 Illinios
- 2004 St. Joe's
- All-Time UConn
- All-Time Syracuse

Actually, it looks like the two All-Time teams are on 2K Share, which I don't even know if it's still functioning on 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Rosters »