Home

The answer to the Jamal Crawford signature move.

This is a discussion on The answer to the Jamal Crawford signature move. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2008, 02:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
The answer to the Jamal Crawford signature move.

First off I know that there was/is a thread dedicated to this. But it was a question and not an answer.

I literally just did the move, moments ago. And my first thought was "a ton of people at OS are trying to figure this out, so I should make a post and help them out".

If you have seen this thread/subject way too often and you're annoyed by it. That's cool, I get it. I'm not trying to add to the clutter. But the other thread is like 20 pages long, and it has way more ???'s than answers.

There was a debate about how to do it. Some people said you needed to do the hop step first, others said that you needed to NOT hold Right Trigger, and so on and so forth.

So let me separate this.

There IS a move that LOOKS like the Jamal Crawford sig move. Sometimes when you're driving to the hoop and you hit Y/Triangle. Your guy will go behind the back. This is NOT Jamal Crawfords sig move and this is NOT how it's done in the game.

I specifically remembered what I pressed, and I saved the replay. If necessary and I don't mind taking a video of the replay with my cell phone and uploading it to youtube.

Though the hop step move gives you the behind the back. As I found out tonight. It's all in one, there's no need to do a hop step, hope that he does the behind the back move, and then shoot. All you need to do is drive, hold RT, press a direction towards the basket, and he'll do it if the situation is right. The scenario I did it in was this...

I pump faked Vince Carter, he jumped. I drove in with RT/Turbo held, I was driving baseline and I hit left so that he'd go a little further and finish on the opposite side. Well as soon as I did that he took a couple of steps, popped the behind the back move, and nailed a floater. It was a thing of beauty, I was pumped. I immediately saved it and it was sick and I was yelling at the top of my lungs, and it's 2a.m. where I'm at so I'm sure my neighbors were thrilled to hear that.

All the same. You don't need to hit Y/Triangle/Hop Step. It's very true that sometimes this gives you the behind the back move. But Crawfords is completely separate from that entirely. Much like other chain-lay-up moves that you see, this one starts out as you, and then animations take over and it finishes it. After I hit Left on the right analog stick (2k camera angle) he pretty much did his own thing. It was ridiculous.

If i need to "prove" what I'm saying. I don't mind shooting a quick video on my cell phone.

I hope that helps you guys in at least narrowing it down. the hop step thing is not the way to do it. I think ultimately that would be the better way to do the move more consistently, even though it's not it exactly. But this is the actual move itself. And it's ridiculously sick.

So yeah, drive, and I'd say from the top of the key (that far away from the hoop, no matter what side or direction you're currently in) hit your preferred direction while holding RT/R2/Turbo and he'll do it. I don't know how often he does it. I just re-started my Warriors franchise after the trades today, and at first I was bummed because I had already gone through 11 games. But now I'm pretty happy about it.

Let me know if you guys end up having success with that. I'm positive it works. I just did it.

Last edited by TCruz; 11-22-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The answer to the Jamal Crawford signature move.

RT + drive to the basket + LS - left.
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...m?mediaid=8198
Old 11-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
Rookie

akiracy's Arena

OVR: 7

i'm pretty sure its part of his sig layup package. its done for you automatically
Old 11-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
Rookie

str8stuntin03's Arena

OVR: 15

yea it was pretty much confirmed in that thread, no need for more

[OS Vets NBA 2k8 S1 Co-Champion - Nuggets]
[OS Vets NBA 2k8 S2 Runner Up - Trailblazers]
[OS Vets NBA 2k9 Champion - Sixers]
[OS Vets NBA 2k10 Runner Up - Warriors]
[OS Vets NBA 2k11 S2 Regular Season Champ - Knicks]
[New Era Sims NBA 2K12 Champion - Bulls]
Old 11-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sorry guys I hadn't seen that page. I'm not over at the 2k boards. I had just recently seen one on here and everyone was throwing out various ways to do it. So I wanted to post this before I forgot how exactly I did it. Is there a way for me to delete and/or lock this thread since it's already been posted? Sorry guys I don't mean to make a thread that takes up room to a question that was answered on a different board. My bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #6
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCruz
Sorry guys I hadn't seen that page. I'm not over at the 2k boards. I had just recently seen one on here and everyone was throwing out various ways to do it. So I wanted to post this before I forgot how exactly I did it. Is there a way for me to delete and/or lock this thread since it's already been posted? Sorry guys I don't mean to make a thread that takes up room to a question that was answered on a different board. My bad.
Its all gravy dawg.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »