Home

New Milestone for Me

This is a discussion on New Milestone for Me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2008, 03:37 AM   #1
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
New Milestone for Me

I know this post probably isnt very relevant to any of you. But I gotta tell someone! I was playing in a Pac 10 match as Hawaii. Hawaii at Stanford. It is 2013 and I have a 91 rated team, 94 off, and 89 defense. Stanford is 78 ovr, 74 off, 88 def

But back on the topic, I couldnt get any kind of offense going. Their defense was faaaast. Linebackers with 86-89 spd, DEs with 84-87 spd, and all corners with spd at 93 or better. I was 8-23 passing with 277 yards, 2 tds and 4 picks. The 2 tds were both 90+ yards on simple slants and a crapload of greased pig animations. Very unreal but it wasnt cheese. Just very very very very crappy physics. I was sacked a harsh 7 times and was only able to get a 1yd td and 4 (yes 4) rush yards off of 19 carries.

But my defense and special teams stepped up. I scored every way possible. 91 yd pass, 94 yd pass, 1 yd run, 3 pick 6s (their starting QBs acc was 74, so yeah), 97 yd KR, 74 yd PR, and a 28 yard fumble 6. It was my first time scoring in every possible way. And for it to be on Heisman....wow. I felt so accomplished. Lol. I won that game 14-63. Its probably somethin I will never do again. Not with my sliders and S.O.S. Sorry it was so long but I had to share it

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New Milestone for Me

Wish I could say that I had the same luck in the beginning of my year 3 with a 12 team dynasty. the first two years I had pretty competitive play, with only one team going undefeated in that time span.
Start of year 3 has 6 teams playing that first week. First four games are competitive, but not anything worth noting. Then comes Central Michigan at Kansas. A Kansas team who has had two years of top 15 recruiting classes. Not sure of the ratings but Kansas was way higher. Central Michigan didn't even have any great individual position players. But, the Jayhawks fell at home. Even after a 24-3 lead at the half, Kansas just got shut down and the TO bug hit, albeit not hard, it still hit. Next thing I know, the #22 Jayhawks fall at home to a preseason rated #94 Chippewas. This song just kept playing in my mind the whole game, "my baby she's a Chippewa, she's a one of a kind" like that stupid country song (even though I plugged in Chippewa for Chickawaa-spelling?)
So, I'm like whatever. Next game is #23 Louisville (me) at Kentucky. Jump out to a 21-6 lead at the half and again, the second half plays out as a reminder of what had happened about 20 minutes before. I'm trying everything to keep Kentucky from pulling off the upset, since they were #88 in the preseason polls. Nope, same result. Upsets, back to back.
I am okay with it. Brush it off by doing the recruiting, as week one is over now. I get into the first game of week two, Ball State at #7 Illinois. Illinois has a QB with a 91 speed that I recruited, the second coming of Juice. True freshman has already led a 49-7 assault on Pitt in week 1. So, I'm thinking I'm going to squash this CPU 2nd half madness. Jump out to a 38-3 half time lead. I took no prisoners, just running and passing like a Big 12 south leader. And they made a valiant effort, but Ball State was put down by a 24 point margin.
So, I'm thinking that this whole CPU 2nd half monster is done for. Enter Houston at #2 Texas Tech. Tech gets out to a 24-3 first half lead (I really have tried taking Tech to a true spread team, not so much pass happy). Well, the bug came back. Not only was I in danger of losing this game due to no offensive performance in the second half, but it took a massive 98 yard drive with :47 seconds left for the #2 team to maintain its ranking.
Now, I know I didn't score every way possible like you did, but I can see where there is something embedded in the game that allows for the CPU to actually compete. I have never seen teams shut down my offenses the way they did. Quite honestly, I did see a very common trend. If I ran the ball, they were stacking 8 in the box. If I passed, they were dropping 8. Even if it was 3rd and 10 and I picked a run play, they were packing the box. Needless to say, I audibled every play for these games. However, having a 8 man blitz doesn't always mean you can get the ball off in time for the beat of the blitz.
Not to say that this is all bad though. I'm really excited about what this year 3 will have in store for my dynasty. I think it could be one of those years that plays out to have some change up in terms of teams and coaches. I wouldn't mind switching up some of the stout teams I built up for some other teams, say a Georgia for a Utah. Both have the same amount of uniforms, same colors, and so forth. My only thing is that I am so attached to the teams I picked to start the dynasty that I don't think that I could give them up.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone2117
Wish I could say that I had the same luck in the beginning of my year 3 with a 12 team dynasty. the first two years I had pretty competitive play, with only one team going undefeated in that time span.
Start of year 3 has 6 teams playing that first week. First four games are competitive, but not anything worth noting. Then comes Central Michigan at Kansas. A Kansas team who has had two years of top 15 recruiting classes. Not sure of the ratings but Kansas was way higher. Central Michigan didn't even have any great individual position players. But, the Jayhawks fell at home. Even after a 24-3 lead at the half, Kansas just got shut down and the TO bug hit, albeit not hard, it still hit. Next thing I know, the #22 Jayhawks fall at home to a preseason rated #94 Chippewas. This song just kept playing in my mind the whole game, "my baby she's a Chippewa, she's a one of a kind" like that stupid country song (even though I plugged in Chippewa for Chickawaa-spelling?)
So, I'm like whatever. Next game is #23 Louisville (me) at Kentucky. Jump out to a 21-6 lead at the half and again, the second half plays out as a reminder of what had happened about 20 minutes before. I'm trying everything to keep Kentucky from pulling off the upset, since they were #88 in the preseason polls. Nope, same result. Upsets, back to back.
I am okay with it. Brush it off by doing the recruiting, as week one is over now. I get into the first game of week two, Ball State at #7 Illinois. Illinois has a QB with a 91 speed that I recruited, the second coming of Juice. True freshman has already led a 49-7 assault on Pitt in week 1. So, I'm thinking I'm going to squash this CPU 2nd half madness. Jump out to a 38-3 half time lead. I took no prisoners, just running and passing like a Big 12 south leader. And they made a valiant effort, but Ball State was put down by a 24 point margin.
So, I'm thinking that this whole CPU 2nd half monster is done for. Enter Houston at #2 Texas Tech. Tech gets out to a 24-3 first half lead (I really have tried taking Tech to a true spread team, not so much pass happy). Well, the bug came back. Not only was I in danger of losing this game due to no offensive performance in the second half, but it took a massive 98 yard drive with :47 seconds left for the #2 team to maintain its ranking.
Now, I know I didn't score every way possible like you did, but I can see where there is something embedded in the game that allows for the CPU to actually compete. I have never seen teams shut down my offenses the way they did. Quite honestly, I did see a very common trend. If I ran the ball, they were stacking 8 in the box. If I passed, they were dropping 8. Even if it was 3rd and 10 and I picked a run play, they were packing the box. Needless to say, I audibled every play for these games. However, having a 8 man blitz doesn't always mean you can get the ball off in time for the beat of the blitz.
Not to say that this is all bad though. I'm really excited about what this year 3 will have in store for my dynasty. I think it could be one of those years that plays out to have some change up in terms of teams and coaches. I wouldn't mind switching up some of the stout teams I built up for some other teams, say a Georgia for a Utah. Both have the same amount of uniforms, same colors, and so forth. My only thing is that I am so attached to the teams I picked to start the dynasty that I don't think that I could give them up.
Good read. Personally, I couldnt devote myself to more than one team. I have been with Hawaii for six years now. I have been shut out of the NC twice, won twice, won an Orange Bowl and a Sugar Bowl. I went from having between the 50th and 65th recruiting class for 2 years to the 9th in 2011. By 2012 I was a pipeline state for recruits and earned myself a MR. February achievement.

I tried to start a Florida dynasty with the same sliders, settings, and house rules as my Hawaii dynasty. But you know UF plays the Warriors for the first game. I felt so bad creaming them that I actually deleted my dynasty and just stuck with my Warriors! I have turned down countless job opportunities. Right now Im in the 1st year of a 6yr extension. The really love me out there!

Old 11-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone2117
Wall Of Text

Hurts the eyes
Old 11-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #5
Rookie

BGPurple's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Wall Of Text

Hurts the eyes
yes it does. lol. but nice stories.
PS3 Live Name - Spenus
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »