Home

Slap Shot One Timer

This is a discussion on Slap Shot One Timer within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Slap Shot One Timer

Any ideas on how to perform a slap shot one timer when your player is receiving the puck in an OTP game?

I play as a Defensive Dman and my slap shot is much more powerful then my wrister, so it would be a useful piece of information.

My only real idea on it would be to time the stick movements correctly with or without vision control (LT). Due to being so far away from the net, I don't think vision control (LT) really matters. It's easy enough to execute a wrister one timer with or with out vision control (LT), but am at a bit of a loss for a slap shot one timer. Most of my attempts in game have not turn out well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Slap Shot One Timer

I'm not sure if you mean something else, but I just pull back on the stick, then slap it forwards - just like how you do a regular slap shot.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Cool, then it's probably just my timing that is poor. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm with you, I've never been able to pull of a slap shot one timer. I didnt think it was possible.

next year, I think it should be available if you have the vision control down, regardless of where you are on the ice, you can perform the back and up motion for a one time slap shot. since the CPU does this to me constantly in BAP offline!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

On classic controls I can pull slap shot one timers. Don't count on this but once I tapped X twice during the middle of the pass and he slap shot it. I really don't remember how I did it the other times, so someone can try that.
NBA - Detroit Pistons
NCAAF - Michigan Wolverines
NCAAB - Kentucky Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 02:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I only played a couple games with Classic before going back to Default, so this might be totally wrong, but I think that you can shoot using the right stick in Classic the same way you can with Default, in which case just flicking the right stick up should do a one-timer shot, which will be a slap shot some of the time.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 14

it's mostly about timing. if you are set to take a wind up and you time your shot well, then your player will sometimes automatically shoot a slap-shot.

otherwise you can always try winding back, releasing then shooting the snap shot before he lowers his stick all the way. a lot harder to do, and you'd be better off snapping a one-timer, but give it a try. most important thing is you have to be setup properly for the 1 timer (using the LT) then release it to be able to take the slap shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »