Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Screenshots: All Stadiums

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Screenshots: All Stadiums within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Major League Baseball 2K9 Screenshots: All Stadiums

Want to see how detailed your favorite stadiums are in Major League Baseball 2K9? Compare for yourself and let us know what they got right and what still needs a little tweaking. Unfortunately, the screenshots aren't in any specific order, so you'll just have to peck around.

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
Rookie

SonOfWisconsin's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Screenshots: All Stadiums

Metrodome still doesn't have the giant baggy in right field....stupid.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Your contributions here are under-appreciated, Steve-O!

I'm personally just happy that the stadiums have been rebuilt, though they need a lot of tweaking still. Some are just really off in a "bare" sense. I hope they don't just leave them as is forever and that they do what is necessary in future years. I remember when All Star Baseball 2002 came for PS2 and stadiums looked pretty awesome, though lacked the same "feeling" of the stadiums that this game does. In 2003, all of them were given very noticeable upgrades, and it gives me hope that VC may do the same here.

On another note, maybe I haven't seen Safeco Field in a while, but what's up with this batter's eye?

Did it give you any trouble while batting, Steve?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Blzer, the screens are taken from replay mode. That is not a gameplay batting view. Or are you referring to something else?
Old 02-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Seriously is there any stadium that isn't smothered in Pepsi adds?

I mean come on!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Thanks once again, Steve. Hoo boy, this is going to be fun. I remembered this post last year and it was UG-LEE.

There's definitely an improvement in the stadium models though, inaccuracies and massive amounts of advertisements nonwithstanding.

In Rogers Centre, are those video screens in the outfield working? They seem like they're simply different colored segments of the outfield wall. I remembered seeing an outfield LED in the promotional screen of Juan Pierre from Dodgers Stadium, so I'm wondering if they're even working in Rogers Centre.

Also, seems like those huge mountains from last year above Coors have been taken out...I remember all the complaints about those...

...didn't Kauffman Stadium install outfield wall LED screens last year? I don't see them...or is that little patch of discoloration in the left field wall one of those? I can't tell.

Finally, Steve or anyone else that can answer, are minor league stadiums included in these screens? I couldn't make any out.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Blzer, the screens are taken from replay mode. That is not a gameplay batting view. Or are you referring to something else?
No no, I understand... but the batter's eye is a pretty light gray. In real life, it's black (I believe it used to be covered with some moss or ivy or something, or maybe was just the same color as the walls). I was just wondering if it was an issue at all.

Speaking of which, it seems as though you're not very restricted when it comes to the walls being boundaries for you when capturing these pictures. Does that mean we have much more freedom in replay mode, or is that just because it's a beta version and the retail version will probably limit us again?

Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »