Home

Is it as fun for you to play offline as it is onlinle?

This is a discussion on Is it as fun for you to play offline as it is onlinle? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Is it as fun for you to play offline as it is onlinle?

For me, there is something about beating a live opponent that gets me pumped up. I don't have the same adrenaline when I play the CPU I feel like it is played out. I want to have a good time and keep the offline games exciting but I just can't figure out how. Any tips or comments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Is it as fun for you to play offline as it is onlinle?

naw there's no real help here...it's either you play online or offline. ME, i play mainly offline. Online makes this game look like a stupid arcade video game with the way others play it. I want everthing to look & play just like what i see on TV & 2k not only made it look real but the AI gives you some comp as well.....

it's either one or the other...whatever floats your boat.

VC/2k sports fan
Old 02-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rod1326
For me, there is something about beating a live opponent that gets me pumped up. I don't have the same adrenaline when I play the CPU I feel like it is played out. I want to have a good time and keep the offline games exciting but I just can't figure out how. Any tips or comments?
I feel the same way you do... Ive been playing the CPU all my life before i got my ps3 last year...

But online for 2k... its too much cheese n its not all that fun...

Whenever i play online... this is my ration 4:. 4 being unranked n 1 being ranked games cuz in ranked games, people do ANYTHING to win
Old 02-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
Rookie

dazpoo23's Arena

OVR: 7

One thing i do love about online games is that you work to win, and you really want to win. Therees a purpose to online that isnt as present in offline associations.

atm, ive beenplaying three seasons of association and have avoided online play. But i do miss that competeive spirit
Old 02-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

With some good sliders. offline is as fun as online. Online is lame for the most part. You have to find a good set of true sim ballers to play online for it to be fun. Playing random people, you only going to run into 2 types of players 98% of the time.

Those are the cheesers who will cheese all game long and will quit the game quickly if you shut down their cheese plays. Then you have those who simpley don't know how to play basketball, who jack up 3's with Shaq or Noah all game long, then be saying why can't I hit a shot, this game is broken, LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I don't have a Live Gold membership, so I only play offline. Besides, all the reports of blatant cheesing put me off and I don't have the time or patience to play in a sim league.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

online sucks vs random people because you see the them same thing all the time full court press, let the cpu play d for them, spin move or the under the rim cheese even when you beat them time after time it gets annoyin and doesnt make you wanna play cause it stops you from runnin plays that you want or play sim because your sim style isnt gettin rewarded
Old 02-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #8
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

I would play online against a OSer or a friend.

But in the end, I prefer offline. Offline floats my boat

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »