Home

Simulated Pitch counts

This is a discussion on Simulated Pitch counts within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Simulated Pitch counts

I remember Acclaim's All-Star Baseball games had a featurewhere you would face every batter during game but the batter would already be in a situation.

For example I would start pitching to Pujols with 3 balls-2strikes and the next batter I would start pitching I had a 1 ball-2strike count then the next batter would be have 2balls-2 strikes and so on. I think this made the game move faster for people who have less time. Did anyone like this feature? I noticed no one ever bring it up but I'm wondering if anyone remembered this feature an/or like it as much as I did?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Simulated Pitch counts

While it does provide a somewhat interesting element to gameplay (would love to have a 3-2 situation bases loaded, 2 outs, Pujols at the plate in the 9th for the game), I feel it just provides a quick and sloppy solution to a real gameplay problem.

I feel in order to make the 2k baseball series as realistic as possible, pitching should be a little more "random" than it is. Even the best pitcher can't hit the exact spot he is aiming for 95% of the time.

The Meatball "fix" doesn't really help due to the way it is implemented.

Fact is pitching should be nearly impossible to completely master (by master I mean hit the exact spot you aim for 100% of the time) but easy enough to pick up and be good at it.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would love to see this feature implemented in future games. This would speed up games without sacrificing realistic stats. The batter's eye/discipline rating would actually have some value during a game.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

I liked this feature also. It was called Random Count...don't think it would take too much to implement.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
I liked this feature also. It was called Random Count...don't think it would take too much to implement.
I enjoyed it in All-Star Baseball 2005, myself. It was a lot easier to draw walks.

Most baseball strat games have 1 pitch ABs anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Diamond Mind Baseball went to a full at-bat several years ago, and it really improved teir game. What you lose by having one pitch at-bats is the ability to steal and hit and run on specific pitch counts.

Also, the game is now wearing your pitcher down, or not wearing your opponents pitcher down enough. You have no control to work the counts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »