Home

09 Rookie CAPs Help

This is a discussion on 09 Rookie CAPs Help within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
09 Rookie CAPs Help

I've been keeping up with all the FA moves on my roster and done some rating adjustments to some of the players and now I'm creating rookies for the 1st round which I'm adding to the teams in a mock draft fashion. What my problem is how high/low to rate the players. What do you think the ratings for these guys should be. Like the 1st pick versus the 32nd, etc...

Before anyone brings it up, I've tried doing this in franchise and it's way too difficult to get the ratings even close to what they should be IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: 09 Rookie CAPs Help

Look at previous years rookies for comparisons. For example, DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin, Jeff Otah and Andre Smith, etc.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
Rookie

I think when looking at previous ratings you need to consider progression also, assuming you are starting off the final roster update, that means essentially last years rookies reflect their first year performance so will likely cover a wider range than when they came in, etc as well as what your objectives are in terms of how highly rated you would like your rookies and whether you want a wider or tighter range of ratings. The other key driver obviously is what sort of evaluation and positional value to put onto this years prospects. I have put down below what I could see as being a reasonable range sorted by position for your 1st round prospects (potential draft range and madden rating included for each player - ultimate rating could be assigned randomly based off the ranges for some additional realism...):

QB
M Stafford - top 5 - 85 to 88
M Sanchez - top 20 - 80 to 83
J Freeman - 1st-2nd - 78 to 80

RB
C Wells - 1st - 80 to 84
K Moreno - 1st - 80 to 84
L Mccoy - 1st-2nd - 78 to 82
D Brown - 1st-2nd - 77 to 81

FB
None

WR
M Crabtree - top 10 - 83 to 89
J Maclin - top 20 - 78 to 84
H Nicks - 1st-2nd - 78 to 82
D Heyward Bey - 1st-2nd - 77 to 83
P Harvin - 1st-2nd - 77 to 82
K Britt - 1st-2nd - 77 to 80

OT
J Smith - top 5 - 82 to 89
E Monroe - top 5 - 84 to 87
M Oher - top 20 - 80 to 84
A Smith - 1st - 78 to 86
E Britton - 1st - 78 to 82
W Beatty - 1st-2nd - 78 to 82

OG
D Robinson - 1st-2nd - 80 to 84

C
A Mack - 1st-2nd - 83 to 87
M Unger - 1st-2nd - 81 to 85

DE
B Orakpo - top 10 - 82 to 87 / or 3-4 OLB
E Brown - top 20 - 80 to 85 / or 3-4 OLB
T Jackson - top 20 - 80 to 83
A Maybin- 1st-2nd - 78 to 83 / or 3-4 OLB
L English - 1st-2nd - 77 to 82 / or 3-4 OLB
R Ayers - 1st-2nd - 77 to 80

DT
B Raji - top 10 - 84 to 88
P Jerry - 1st - 80 to 83
R Brace - 1st-2nd - 77 to 80

OLB
A Curry - top 5 - 86 to 89
B Cushing - 1st - 80 to 84
C Matthews - 1st-2nd - 77 to 82

MLB
R Maualuga - 1st - 82 to 86
J Laurinaitis - 1st-2nd - 79 to 83

CB
M Jenkins - top 20 - 81 to 85
V Davis - top 20 - 81 to 85
D Butler - 1st-2nd - 78 to 82
D Moore - 1st-2nd - 78 to 82
A Smith - 1st-2nd - 78 to 82

S
S Smith - 1st-2nd - 79 to 82
W Moore - 1st-2nd - 78 to 84

This may look a bit higher than some would like but at the same time there is a need to compensate for the flaws of the new progression system and getting a good ammount of impact players out of these caps; both hopefully balanced by the ranges and random assignment

hope this is helpful to get you started ...
Old 03-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Wow that is great. I didn't expect someone to actually post something that extensive. I appreciate that. I'm still working on it as of yet. I suppose if anyone has an interest I could upload it as well. (Remember it's a Roster file and not a franchise starter and far from perfect.)
Old 03-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
Rookie

You should post your roster file once completed as it is frankly the main alternative to a "franchise starter" with it's own benefits and issues so ultimately again one of these things that you never can get enough off ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 03:41 AM   #6
Just started!

bigtxambition's Arena

OVR: 21

When it comes to rookie CAPs you should really start with the individual player profiles and player photos from the respective college websites. You take that information and you use that for the Information and Appearance sections. For the Equipment sections you can rely on the photos of the players you can find online. For the Player Ratings you need to roughly base the ratings off the player's college game vidoes, the Combine results, and pro day results of the said players.

Here's the way to build them CAPs.

1. Information
Team's Individual Player Profile
Name, College, Age, D.o.b., Jersey #, Home town, Hand

2. Appearance
Team's Individual Player Profile and Player Photos
Height, Weight, Body Shape, Skin Color, etc.

3. Equipment
College Player Photos
Helmet Style, Face mask style, Hands equip., etc.

4. Player Ratings
College Player Game videos, Combine, and Pro Day results
Speed, Strength, Agility, Acceleration, etc.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:26 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtxambition
When it comes to rookie CAPs you should really start with the individual player profiles and player photos from the respective college websites. You take that information and you use that for the Information and Appearance sections. For the Equipment sections you can rely on the photos of the players you can find online. For the Player Ratings you need to roughly base the ratings off the player's college game vidoes, the Combine results, and pro day results of the said players.

Here's the way to build them CAPs.

1. Information
Team's Individual Player Profile
Name, College, Age, D.o.b., Jersey #, Home town, Hand

2. Appearance
Team's Individual Player Profile and Player Photos
Height, Weight, Body Shape, Skin Color, etc.

3. Equipment
College Player Photos
Helmet Style, Face mask style, Hands equip., etc.

4. Player Ratings
College Player Game videos, Combine, and Pro Day results
Speed, Strength, Agility, Acceleration, etc.
Yeah that's what I've been doing. As far as equipment goes though I pretty much ignore that and just use something that is sort of "default" for the position unless I know they were a visor, etc. As far as ratings I've just been going by what I know of the player from games I've seen, reading draft profiles, and NCAA stats compared to other players of the same position. It's getting closer to completion although I've been changing my mock around already because of recent events.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #8
Just started!

bigtxambition's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkinnune
Yeah that's what I've been doing. As far as equipment goes though I pretty much ignore that and just use something that is sort of "default" for the position unless I know they were a visor, etc. As far as ratings I've just been going by what I know of the player from games I've seen, reading draft profiles, and NCAA stats compared to other players of the same position. It's getting closer to completion although I've been changing my mock around already because of recent events.
Oh, you're making a roster update with the 2009 NFL Draftees? If so is it for the Xbox 360 version?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »