Home

what famous people have you met???????

This is a discussion on what famous people have you met??????? within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
what famous people have you met???????

what famous people have you met

i met rickey henderson (shook his hand), i met carlos pena (i was in tampa seeing family and i went to a rays game and i gave him a fist pound he was so cool)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: what famous people have you met???????

I met Terry Bradshaw at the local golf club, his nephew was on the golf team and I knew him.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Met Jim Kelly and got his autograph when I was interning at the PA State Capitol... great guy who uses his notoriety and fame for a good cause.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Too many athletes to count. Notably Jerry Rice, Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, uhh... just way too many to mention. I only know Rice on a personal level, Bonds I met on a personal basis, and Rose was at Caesar's Palace and I went up to him and just asked if I could shake his hand. Go figure.

As for anyone else, I was behind Mandy Moore in line of the now torn down Stealth roller coaster at Great America and we talked for a couple of moments. I also met Michael Keaton in San Jose before he was appearing for some show there, can't remember what (it was a few years back).

Otherwise I've met far too many athletes to talk about. As for other un-arranged meets, Eric Byrnes bought me dinner once at a Mexican restaurant, but that's for another day. I also met F.P. Santangello (former San Francisco Giant) at my local mall. He was with his wife and kids when my friend first noticed who it was because he saw the ugly Kirk Rueter and his not as ugly wife talking. As they exited, Santangello went into Mr. Rags by himself and I just asked for his autograph on a piece of paper.

Oh, and I never really "met" him, but I played against Steve Finley in my adult league. As far as interaction, I doubled off of him and high-fived him at the end of the game.

EDIT: Oh and no doy, of course I also know Tony Gwynn. He was my baseball coach for a couple weeks before I was scrapped from the SDSU team, and I've just plain had talks with him outside of playing for him as well. He's a great guy when his team is doing well.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 03-18-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford are the two big ones for me. Too bad I don't really remember it all that well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #6
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Ive meet and know alot of "celebs" BUT famous person and the only one worth mentioning is Ali! Met him at the airport which I worked at, he also gave someone a $100 tip for pushing him in the wheel chair...I could have met Foreman aswell(same year) but I had a flght on the ground so I was rushing outside and walk right passed him lol good times..
Old 03-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

- Anthony Parker from the Raptors - He played in Israel several years and I once met him at an ATM.

- Eugene Banks - the guy who played on the Bulls in the 1980's. He played in Israel in the early 90's and I talked to him once during paractice. I used to go a lot to practices and Gene lived 2 minutes from my house. I also won a flight with the team to a distant game, so I sat close to Andre Spencer and Gene Banks. It was hilarious when we entered the arena, bacause there were kids outside asking the players for autographs and they thought I'm one of the players (I'm 6'2"), and I almost signed someone...LOL.

- In 1998 I was in the US on a coast2coast trip and we went to the Bay Watch set while they were shooting some scene. I didn't get to meet any of the actors, but I got a great photo with 2 of the extras...or should I say two of the extra-large...if you know what I mean... I love the reaction of people looking at this photo of me with the girls...haha.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 03-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

I didn't meet but i witnessed sidney crosby pulling out of mellon arena.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »