Home

Keep adaptive AI out of On-line!

This is a discussion on Keep adaptive AI out of On-line! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Keep adaptive AI out of On-line!

Snipped from the blog:
Quote:
Having individual defenders make realtime adjustments meant that we could implement Adaptive AI for online and head-to-head play as well (i.e. not just for the CPU players). So if your opponent starts running something that is becoming overly effective, and you don’t feel like you can’t stop it with your play calling, then at least your teammates will start learning how to stop it on their own.
Ok, I can totally understand why Adaptive AI should be in the off-line game, but on-line?! Isn't it my responsibility to put my players in the right position to defend what my opponent is doing?

I don't want my defenders to get smarter just cause my opponent is able to beat my a$$ with a specific play. Ratings are ratings, they should not budge in an on-line game.

If i'm getting beat by out routes constantly then I should be able to shade my DB to play the outside, or maybe put him in a flat, or a move him a bit so he plays it better... isn't that the whole point of on-line?

This sounds to me like "Auto Catchup" from racing games... I just don't think it has a place on-line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Keep adaptive AI out of On-line!

It should be online. Why? Well, in Madden online you are the coach and only ONE player of all eleven. That leaves 10 players out there. IF the opponent runs the ball 10 straight times, well they should still bite on the PA even if you call man coverage.

In real life a defensive coordinator will call a play, but if Santana Moss has beaten Ty Law on an out route all day, well Ty Law will bite on a fake out route even if he wasn't supposed to.

― Plato
Old 04-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It should be online. Why? Well, in Madden online you are the coach and only ONE player of all eleven. That leaves 10 players out there. IF the opponent runs the ball 10 straight times, well they should still bite on the PA even if you call man coverage.

In real life a defensive coordinator will call a play, but if Santana Moss has beaten Ty Law on an out route all day, well Ty Law will bite on a fake out route even if he wasn't supposed to.
Exactly. Adaptive AI definitely needs to be instituted in online play.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Snipped from the blog:
Ok, I can totally understand why Adaptive AI should be in the off-line game, but on-line?! Isn't it my responsibility to put my players in the right position to defend what my opponent is doing?

I don't want my defenders to get smarter just cause my opponent is able to beat my a$$ with a specific play. Ratings are ratings, they should not budge in an on-line game.

If i'm getting beat by out routes constantly then I should be able to shade my DB to play the outside, or maybe put him in a flat, or a move him a bit so he plays it better... isn't that the whole point of on-line?

This sounds to me like "Auto Catchup" from racing games... I just don't think it has a place on-line.
Cheeser Alert!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Cheeser Alert!!!!
Word.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Thread Failure

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 04-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Cheeser Alert!!!!
Are you serious? Might as well not even post.

Give me the tools to stop everything. Give me WR Shading, give me individual bump, give me the zones I need, eliminate the RC and I'll be happy.

Knowing what zones defend what types of routes is key, shading WRs is also key, double teams are key, defensive playmakers are key, they are all tools we should have at our disposal to defend what our opponents are doing.

Magically boosting players ratings so they can stop something I'm incapable of stoping myself is a cop out... this is like the equivalent of training wheels! Why should I bother to study what my opponent is doing when I know that if they do it too often my 10 AI friends will automatically stop it for me?!

This is not the answer!

At least give us on-line hard core matches and turn it off for those.

OR, PLEASE give me an option to turn it off for custom on-line games... or leagues or whatever. Please make it an option!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Cheeser Alert!!!!

Haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »