Home

player substitutuons before lining up

This is a discussion on player substitutuons before lining up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Rookie

CokeFrog22's Arena

OVR: 1
player substitutuons before lining up

Something that's been missing from Madden for years now (and I remember seeing it in REALLY early versions of Madden) was that after you call a play that has some substitutions involved, instead of immediately going to the line, you see players going on and off the field (offense and defense). I think there would be a lot of benefit to this.

It would add to the sim aspect, graphically. It would eat up seconds off the play clock that would force players to manage the clock, their play-calling, and their rosters better. And fatigue plays more heavily into the play-calling as well.

If not in this year's game, I hope something like this is taken into consideration in the future. The Madden 10 team this year so far seems to be REALLY be on the right track in making this game kick some serious tail. Can't wait until the release date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: player substitutuons before lining up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CokeFrog22
Something that's been missing from Madden for years now (and I remember seeing it in REALLY early versions of Madden) was that after you call a play that has some substitutions involved, instead of immediately going to the line, you see players going on and off the field (offense and defense). I think there would be a lot of benefit to this.

It would add to the sim aspect, graphically. It would eat up seconds off the play clock that would force players to manage the clock, their play-calling, and their rosters better. And fatigue plays more heavily into the play-calling as well.

If not in this year's game, I hope something like this is taken into consideration in the future. The Madden 10 team this year so far seems to be REALLY be on the right track in making this game kick some serious tail. Can't wait until the release date.
This would be cool in a way, but me personally I hate when people eat clock the whole game. A ranked game online is only 5 min quarters but the play clock is 40 seconds. Some people abuse this and make the game boring in my opinion. You can eat up a whole quarter with 7 plays.

I would rather have them make the playclock stop when your picking a play (have 20 seconds to pick a play)(with an option to keep the same personnel in to save a few seconds), Once you pick a play give you about 20 seconds to get your subs in and snap the ball. That would be the way I would like to see it implemented.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CokeFrog22

I believe that was the old sega genesis days of Madden. I don't know why it was ever taken out but it was very cool. You would pick different formations and then you would see guys leaving the huddle and guys coming onto the field. I agree with you 100%. I think with accelerated clock that is pretty much what you get minus seeing the player actually leave and come onto the field which I will settle for, but I would much rather have it play out in real time.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMoesh
This would be cool in a way, but me personally I hate when people eat clock the whole game. A ranked game online is only 5 min quarters but the play clock is 40 seconds. Some people abuse this and make the game boring in my opinion. You can eat up a whole quarter with 7 plays.

I would rather have them make the playclock stop when your picking a play (have 20 seconds to pick a play)(with an option to keep the same personnel in to save a few seconds), Once you pick a play give you about 20 seconds to get your subs in and snap the ball. That would be the way I would like to see it implemented.
I think I like your idea best. People do tend to milk the clock a lot online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »