Home

A POSSIBLE 'Solution' For That Lineup Glitch

This is a discussion on A POSSIBLE 'Solution' For That Lineup Glitch within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38
A POSSIBLE 'Solution' For That Lineup Glitch

Last night in my Mets franchise, I decided to try something different to find a way to work around the lineup glitch. For those not familiar, it's where the CPU team's lineup is NOT presented in the order you may have saved it (with roster control on).

What I did this time was first I made sure my team (Mets) has the lineups correct vsR and vsL is the way I want it. Then I saved it via saving the franchise.

Then....

As I went to the schedule to play my second game against the Marlins on Opening Week, I moved my controller to the CPU side (instead of the Mets). I then set the lineup EXACTLY how it was for the real Marlins on Opening Day in the majors against lefties:

Bonifacio-3B
Baker-C
Ramirez-SS
Cantu-1B
Uggla-2B
Hermida-LF
Ross-RF
Maybin-CF

In my previous attempts of TRYING to get the roster correct, the CPU would have Maybin leading off, Haney batting 5th, Ross batting second I believe, and Bonifacio batting 8th. I was NOT a happy camper lol

Then....

I let the intros, etc. take place prior to the game. And JUST BEFORE the first pitch, I flipped the controller back to the Mets side. The Marlins roster is now in EXACT order...no flipping around players....

I was only one game, but I'll be trying it again later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarcia
hey everyone whats the deal with the lineup glitch I hate it. Is there any hope???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: A POSSIBLE 'Solution' For That Lineup Glitch

Good info...I will give this a try when I start my Franchise. Thanks much !!

75% of the Earths surface is covered by water......the remaining 25% is covered by Ichiro.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Carew29
Last night in my Mets franchise, I decided to try something different to find a way to work around the lineup glitch. For those not familiar, it's where the CPU team's lineup is NOT presented in the order you may have saved it (with roster control on).

What I did this time was first I made sure my team (Mets) has the lineups correct vsR and vsL is the way I want it. Then I saved it via saving the franchise.

Then....

As I went to the schedule to play my second game against the Marlins on Opening Week, I moved my controller to the CPU side (instead of the Mets). I then set the lineup EXACTLY how it was for the real Marlins on Opening Day in the majors against lefties:

Bonifacio-3B
Baker-C
Ramirez-SS
Cantu-1B
Uggla-2B
Hermida-LF
Ross-RF
Maybin-CF

In my previous attempts of TRYING to get the roster correct, the CPU would have Maybin leading off, Haney batting 5th, Ross batting second I believe, and Bonifacio batting 8th. I was NOT a happy camper lol

Then....

I let the intros, etc. take place prior to the game. And JUST BEFORE the first pitch, I flipped the controller back to the Mets side. The Marlins roster is now in EXACT order...no flipping around players....

I was only one game, but I'll be trying it again later on.

Rod, because you are in effect choosing the Marlins won't the CPU sub out your team, or change your lineup?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Rod, because you are in effect choosing the Marlins won't the CPU sub out your team, or change your lineup?
I've tried this and this is exactly what the cpu does. My guess is maybe his mets lineup is set the way the cpu would set it anyway and that's why no changes were made.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

@ jim416

Jim...honestly, it did not....
maybe because the system reads the Franchise team differently, but my Mets lineup was EXACTLY the way i set it up....
and when I jumped back over, I could not have been more pleased...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

@ vernond

I doubt the CPU would flip my Mets lineup to mirror the REAL Mets lineup vs. righties. That would be too coincidental. Here's the REAL lineup vs. righties (and how it remained after my workaround):

Reyes
Murphy
Wright
Delgado
Beltran
Church
Schneider
Castillo

I will do it again later this evenng to see if things remain the same or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernond
I've tried this and this is exactly what the cpu does. My guess is maybe his mets lineup is set the way the cpu would set it anyway and that's why no changes were made.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I do this all the time actually, its a pain. I use both controllers tho, because the CPU "WILL" sub your teams players if they are in a slump or tired. Your best bet is to have 2 controllers or get lucky like Rod did with his game vs The Fish.

I dont know which glitch is worst....lineup or stats lol

Last edited by ThaBlazer; 04-19-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 04-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Yea, no offense Rod_Carew, but this was "discovered" a long while back. Using two controllers is the best way. You change it back before the first pitch to CPU. Works great that way.

Of course this only works for the games you play.

Always good to post for those that don't know it though

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »