Home

Madden 10 Problematic Running Animations

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Problematic Running Animations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Madden 10 Problematic Running Animations

Lets talk about what is wrong with the the player running animations...I've seen many people complaining about them so lets try to add our input and/or pinpoint the problem

My take on it is this...The players do not appear to have a "forward lean" when they run...Madden player models almost seem to be Marching instead of running. Additionally the running animations need to be varied. Every skill players looks the same in the open field...Would it be possible for EA to capture different running styles and how they look at different speeds.

I do believe the biggest issue is the "NO FORWARD LEAN"...Players are too upright.

What else are you guys seeing???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 10 Problematic Running Animations

Two things.

Backs are stiff and straight, they should be arched and leaning forward.

Knee lift is far too high. Knees are almost 90 degrees, even Usain Bolt can't run with such perfect form. Reduce knee lift by 20%. Looks like the 'high knees' warm up.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Lets talk about what is wrong with the the player running animations...I've seen many people complaining about them so lets try to add our input and/or pinpoint the problem

My take on it is this...The players do not appear to have a "forward lean" when they run...Madden player models almost seem to be Marching instead of running. Additionally the running animations need to be varied. Every skill players looks the same in the open field...Would it be possible for EA to capture different running styles and how they look at different speeds.

I do believe the biggest issue is the "NO FORWARD LEAN"...Players are too upright.

What else are you guys seeing???
YOU MEAN ROBO FEST? Yea im just so sick of it... im sick.. I can't believe its the year 2009 and a game from 2004 runs so much more authentic
Old 04-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Two things.

Knee lift is far too high. Knees are almost 90 degrees, even Usain Bolt can't run with such perfect form. Reduce knee lift by 20%. Looks like the 'high knees' warm up.
Thats a pretty good description of it
Old 04-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
YOU MEAN ROBO FEST? Yea im just so sick of it... im sick.. I can't believe its the year 2009 and a game from 2004 runs so much more authentic
Bro...I feel your irritation but lets not turn this into an inappropriate bitchfest...lets try to add constructive criticism and pinpoint the problems so they can get fixed in our lifetime. Maybe that's what your doing...If I've misinterpreted your response I apologize...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

Although, in events like 200M and 400M on track, you are encouraged to get your knees as high as humanly possible to maintain form, and thus velocity and momentum. But this is at the back end of the race where you are fatigued.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Bro...I feel your irritation but lets not turn this into an inappropriate bitchfest...lets try to add constructive criticism and pinpoint the problems so they can get fixed in our lifetime. Maybe that's what your doing...If I've misinterpreted your response I apologize...
No your right, I apologize. I am very upset though... I just feel like for the last five years my favorite sport has been absent from video games and its PURE frustration. I'll stop.. thanx man
Old 04-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Two things.

The funny thing is if you look at some of the still shots of the game the running animation in still shots looks almost spot on...Could the real problem be the tuning of the game speed???...Sometimes I think the animations look herky jerky because things are moving too fast...I need to see more slow and smooth movements
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »