Home

Madden NFL 10 Video: Pro-TAK Animation System

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Video: Pro-TAK Animation System within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
EA's Pro Tak needs ump I know its WIP....

Look at Maximum tackle and the suddenness in which the tackler arrives and the wealth of options in this system. The tackler comes to tackle not engage in a line dance. I know I don't know all the features to Pro Tak, when it comes to the actual tackle, but when you see this video, of ESPN NFL 2K5 tackle options you will understand why I critisize the grabbing for grabbing sake.

In 2k5 you could initiate the tackle with a wrap or a hit. I also like which wasn't mentioned in the video, you can choose whether or not you should wrap high or low by flicking the right stick up for high wrap tackle and flicking down for low wrap tackle and the next defender(s) attacks the ball carrier.

I'm not hating, I actually like the idea, I just want it to be aggressive and violent as it should be its a collision sport not contact and racing up to a ball carrier just to hold onto him just for looks, just doesn't look good.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/...aximum-Tackle/
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: EA's Pro Tak needs ump I know its WIP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
Look at Maximum tackle and the suddenness in which the tackler arrives and the wealth of options in this system. The tackler comes to tackle not engage in a line dance. I know I don't know all the features to Pro Tak, when it comes to the actual tackle, but when you see this video, of ESPN NFL 2K5 tackle options you will understand why I critisize the grabbing for grabbing sake.

In 2k5 you could initiate the tackle with a wrap or a hit. I also like which wasn't mentioned in the video, you can choose whether or not you should wrap high or low by flicking the right stick up for high wrap tackle and flicking down for low wrap tackle and the next defender(s) attacks the ball carrier.

I'm not hating, I actually like the idea, I just want it to be aggressive and violent as it should be its a collision sport not contact and racing up to a ball carrier just to hold onto him just for looks, just doesn't look good.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/...aximum-Tackle/
I actually think the latest backbreaker tackles looks the most violent and look like real collisions.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I actually think the latest backbreaker tackles looks the most violent and look like real collisions.
Ya I think Backbreaker will be the only Football game right now that will be able to compete with Madden sales-wise...assuming the gameplay and controls will be done well, I am looking forward to getting both...I love the tackles in BB...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, those tackles do look like they are attacking the ball carrier. This is all I've been saying, I don't mean no harm or hate, just being a squeaky wheel. All my football life pee wee, jr. high school, high school and college, I've been told to hit'em, stick your head in their, not grab, because the grab comes after the hit.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
Ya I think Backbreaker will be the only Football game right now that will be able to compete with Madden sales-wise...assuming the gameplay and controls will be done well, I am looking forward to getting both...I love the tackles in BB...
I doubt that it will compete with Madden for sales just like All Pro football couldn't compete with Madden for sales. I just think too many people are going to pick up Madden for the NFL and then maybe get BB secondary because it offers a different experience.

I hope backbreaker is good just like I hope Madden will be good this year but until I see more of it I can't say for sure how good it will be. Football is definately a tough sport to reproduce in a videogame and I think that in its first installment BB will offer something unique but will also have flaws being that it is their first attempt at a football game.

I would love to be wrong on this, and the tackles look amazing (idea of seeing uncanned hits would keep enjoyment up and prevent things from becoming stale), but I also am trying to hold back my excitement and not put too much hopes into it just yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagatorfan
I doubt that it will compete with Madden for sales just like All Pro football couldn't compete with Madden for sales. I just think too many people are going to pick up Madden for the NFL and then maybe get BB secondary because it offers a different experience.

I hope backbreaker is good just like I hope Madden will be good this year but until I see more of it I can't say for sure how good it will be. Football is definately a tough sport to reproduce in a videogame and I think that in its first installment BB will offer something unique but will also have flaws being that it is their first attempt at a football game.

I would love to be wrong on this, and the tackles look amazing (idea of seeing uncanned hits would keep enjoyment up and prevent things from becoming stale), but I also am trying to hold back my excitement and not put too much hopes into it just yet.
I hate APF I bought if for $12 and that was too much APF didn't compete because APF was not any good and didn't have NFL teams, like Backbreaker won't either but BB also has the new engine, that IMO will revolutionize football games, just like I think Pro-Tak will revolutionize Madden in many aspects, but like you said it remains to be seen if BB will be good...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 05-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 13

I'd like to see a video of the backbreaker tackling without the heavy metal music and loud gunshot every time someone tackles...

I think my niece tackling our cat would look violent if i recorded it with metallica playing in the backgroung and firing a 9mm upon impact.

Much like madden i'll judge entirely when i've seen live gameplay footage and not a moment sooner... screw all this trailer garbage.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
They def look awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »