Home

ZOMG A Couple More Madden Details

This is a discussion on ZOMG A Couple More Madden Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2009, 02:49 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
ZOMG A Couple More Madden Details

I'm going to bed you miscreants, but a few more Madden tidbits are up within this post: http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=323225

PS, a ton of gameplay videos are INCOMING over the next few days. They would be up now but I'm on this balls of an Internet connection right now so it's next to impossible to upload videos to the site at a timely rate. Plus this whole PST is bush league since OS HQ is on EST.

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 06-04-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: ZOMG A Couple More Madden Details

sweet, thanks for all the updates today Chase. I appreciate you helping keep the OS board sane (well at least me).
Old 06-04-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Can't wait for the videos!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:57 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

btw, if you plan on checking out an off the beaten path sports game like you mentioned.. please look at the Mod Racers game (its called something like that).. Its the one sony showed during their presentation.. basically Mario Cart on steroids., or even "MAG"-the 256 multiplayer shooter.

anyway good luck!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:02 AM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
-I see that a lot of people like the new Ray Lewis video. My understanding is that there are not a ton of those types of signature player intros in the game, but there are over 10 signature stadium intros. I'm pretty interested to see all of them once August rolls around.

(On another note, I see a lot of people complaining about the highlights within the halftime show. While I understand some of the complaints, I want to be clear that the reason the highlights are bad is because I Super Simmed to get to the halftime show quickly. When you Super Sim, the game does not create manufactured highlights from the simmed plays. In other words, the game only had a handful of plays from the half to choose from, so you saw things like a 4-yard run and so on.)

-In-game saves are not in the game.

-You can user control all 32 teams in offline franchise mode, and you can also edit every player on every team within the franchise mode. So if you don't like how a rookie was rated on so-and-so squad, you can change everything about that player's rating within the franchise mode.

-When you put a player on IR within franchise mode, you do get cap relief.

-Within franchise mode, there are still 53 players on a roster during training camp.
1. Sounds good. Curious to see what they are.

2. More good news. Still not a fan of the lackluster presentation of the halftime show, but at least the highlights could potentially be more relevant.

3. I'll be brief. I'll just say this REALLY bugs me. In-game saves should be, IMO, a must nowadays. I'll leave it at that...

4. EXCELLENT news! A bunch of us were clamoring for this...glad it's in. Full editing may be one of the most important aspects (for me) in weighing a purchase. It can really cover any missteps in progression, prospect rating, regression, etc. Plus, it should cover whatever discrepancies occur in the changeover from imported classes, I would think.

5. More good news. A small touch, but adds needed logic and realism to roster management,

6. No real surprise here. Didn't really expect expanded rosters.

Thanks for the info Chase.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 06-04-2009 at 03:12 AM. Reason: oops...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 03:04 AM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Sweet info. not much. But thanks for the info bro.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:05 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

-"In-game saves are not in the game."

Bummer.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:08 AM   #8
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Who you calling a miscreants! Well you sir are a Festizio, see I can make up words too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »