Home

Pre-Game/In-Game stat banners

This is a discussion on Pre-Game/In-Game stat banners within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Pre-Game/In-Game stat banners

When a player is warming up, it has a stat banner that read "Player X had 3,012 yards passing in woo8", or something similar to that.

Is this dynamic? meaning will that update and show 2009 stats when i get into the 2010 season? Will it show items like that for rookies I draft in 2015? I'd hate to get deep into a franchise and have it still highlight 2008 numbers.

Edit: Let me add that I do like the stat banners and they add that immersion we've been missing. Not trying to blast, just figure out what is in and what is out.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

Last edited by callmetaternuts; 06-05-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Pre-Game/In-Game stat banners

I was thinking the same thing...Also if you watch Pasta's Video vs the redskins in the 3rd qtr they show Portis stats from 2008 season after his run. unless that is his 1st carry of the game it doesnt make too much sense at that time...Hopefully theya re dynamic and keep updating each year of franchise
Old 06-05-2009, 09:02 AM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Well keep in mind that we were only watching Play-Now games.

I would hope that they only show the previous year's stats for the first 3 or 4 games of a current season and then start showing the current year's stats in those situations once you're about a month into the year.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy

I would hope that they only show the previous year's stats for the first 3 or 4 games of a current season and then start showing the current year's stats in those situations once you're about a month into the year.
You would hope....But if it history is our guide, we already know what it is. Sadly. EA is the master of giving you what you want, while leaving out that little something that makes it special. EVERY YEAR.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I also want to add I love these little details. Especially the stat overlays. I just want to make sure they make sense in the flow of the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy

Thats what I hope too.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
You would hope....But if it history is our guide, we already know what it is. Sadly. EA is the master of giving you what you want, while leaving out that little something that makes it special. EVERY YEAR.
Hate to burst your negativity bubble, but basically every single statistical banner pulls data dynamically based on the previous or current year in Franchise (including Career stats). In Play Now, it uses the same exact database queries, it's just that the current year is always 2009 in Play Now so it pulls 2008 stats. There are some career stat banners in play now too though.

Woo!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

great as always ian.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »