Home

2017 Freeze Up

This is a discussion on 2017 Freeze Up within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
2017 Freeze Up

I have been playing RTTS and made it to FA after the 2016 season. While going through the offseason I didn't have any problems until the calendar rolls over to 2017.

I was using the Offseason Roundup to see what teams were doing as far as signing FA. This way I could see if I want to sign with them or not. However once it becomes to 2017 everytime I try to look at the Roundup the game freezes and I have to turn off the PS3 and reload the game. I tried simming ahead into spring training and the problem still occured.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anything I can do that will allow me to view the Roundup? I know it isn't a game breaker but I still like to see the moves that are being made around the league. It is very frustrating after all this time with no problems at all this has started to happen!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Rookie

dmbandnick's Arena

Re: 2017 Freeze Up

I had something like this happen to me. It wasn't in the off season nor was it in the RTTS but it sounds like the same issue.

With mine, whenever I'd go to select a specific date the screen would go black and kick me all the way back to the PS3 main menu. After countless attempts at figuring out a work around I finally found someone with the same problem here and they offered a fix.

The only way I was able to get around the date, in this case we'll say June 10th, I had to switch teams by hitting L2 OR R2 and the sim threw the date with the glitch, again in our example you'd sim to Jun 11th. Then I'd switch back to my team and the problem would be solved.

So to answer your question I don't believe there's a way to fix the glitch AND see the stats you're interested in. Yes it sucks to lose the ability to see that data but it's better than losing the entire RTTS.
Old 06-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbandnick
I had something like this happen to me. It wasn't in the off season nor was it in the RTTS but it sounds like the same issue.

With mine, whenever I'd go to select a specific date the screen would go black and kick me all the way back to the PS3 main menu. After countless attempts at figuring out a work around I finally found someone with the same problem here and they offered a fix.

The only way I was able to get around the date, in this case we'll say June 10th, I had to switch teams by hitting L2 OR R2 and the sim threw the date with the glitch, again in our example you'd sim to Jun 11th. Then I'd switch back to my team and the problem would be solved.

So to answer your question I don't believe there's a way to fix the glitch AND see the stats you're interested in. Yes it sucks to lose the ability to see that data but it's better than losing the entire RTTS.
Thanks! I am going to try a few things to see of those will help such as simming days. It is worth a shot! I have invested a lot of time in my SP in RTTS and don't want to have to start over!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccurry15
Thanks! I am going to try a few things to see of those will help such as simming days. It is worth a shot! I have invested a lot of time in my SP in RTTS and don't want to have to start over!
Also, you may want to try and clean off the game, make sure there are no fingerprints or dust.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Also, you may want to try and clean off the game, make sure there are no fingerprints or dust.
I don't think that is the problem. The Offseason Roundup works fine up until the calendar rolls over to 2017. On December 31st I look at the Roundup but on Jan 1st it causes the game to lock up. Frustrating.............
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

if you send me the game save ill give it a try (if you dont mind please). i could be your game it happened to my friend.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbandnick

I've also had a similar thing, but once again in slightly different circumstances. Perhaps it's been mentioned here before (I didn't look and don't care to now), but there have been a couple times where after the offseason there were empty spots in my lineup. Normally it gives you the position and says empty, but in this case the spot where the position is normally listed was blank. Any time I try to put a player in that spot, the game freezes and kicks me back to the main PS3 menu.

Getting around it, though, is pretty easy. Just sim ahead so the CPU asks if you want to auto fill your roster, and let the CPU handle it. They'll fill the spot and you can then edit it if you need to.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
Banned

I'm having the same exact issue, in the same exact year in RTTS. As soon as I hit the year 2017 I'm unable to view the League Roundup. It's not a deal breaker like he said, but I'm on the Redsox and we lost several key starters. I'd just like to see where they went, heheh. Has anyone come up with a fix yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »