Home

College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be?

This is a discussion on College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2009, 03:02 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be?

Anyone have any thoughts on the college atmosphere of 2010? Do you feel like you are playing a college football game or just another football arcade game?

My thoughts, disgruntled mostly, are towards the fact of celebrations. I'm not just talking touchdown celebrations, but big plays - like defensive stops, etc.

Where is the emotion? Where is the team celebrations? Does EA watch college football (or any team sports for that matter) at all? 9/10 there is always another guy huggin, bumping hips - whatever - during a big play. I need to see more of this.

Without this, I just feel disconnected from the game. Does anyone else feel this way?

Discuss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 03:08 AM   #2
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: College Atmosphere - what is in, what shouldn't be?

Yes the presentation and atmosphere are horrific.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:09 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

Next to gameplay, presentation & atmosphere have been next gen NCAA's biggest problem.

Those screens on the demo were pretty funny to read though.

Quote:
Team specific bowl endzones add to the atmosphere by dynamically updating based on the teams that are participating in the game.
O really? I would hope so.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:21 AM   #4
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

I really want to see more emotion from the players like the OP said. After a touchdown I want to see a couple guys in the end zone to give him at least a slap on the butt or something. After a big third down stop I want to see the guy making the tackle get excited. Just give me something.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:30 AM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

For me, the celebrations are minor, but a start (though I agree more non-TD celebrations are 100% needed).

-I want to see the home crowd going nuts (when appropriate, of course). The home field is nothing in EA's brand of college football.

-A pre-game show for big games with fans cheering/booing based on Lee's picks.

-More cutscenes of fans, cheerleaders, coaches, players...the whole shebang.

-Schools should feel different. Right now, all big time programs feel the same and all small time programs do too. Playing with USC should be different than playing with Ohio State, or Michigan, etc. Find some signature chants, school themes, etc to heighten this.

-In that same vein, Rivalries should be loud, intense, and have a bigger sense of fervency as a whole.

-Punch up the commentary. Not enough excitement in the voices and it's gotten stale over the years. There should be team specific and situation specific commentary for really big moments. A bowl game should not be called with the same nonchalant tone that most other games are...same goes for rivalry games and ranked games to varying degrees.

Presentation is sorely lacking in this game, IMO. Just adding some of these things would help immensely.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 06-21-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 03:59 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
For me, the celebrations are minor, but a start (though I agree more non-TD celebrations are 100% needed).

-I want to see the home crowd going nuts (when appropriate, of course). The home field is nothing in EA's brand of college football.

-A pre-game show for big games with fans cheering/booing based on Lee's picks.

-More cutscenes of fans, cheerleaders, coaches, players...the whole shebang.

-Schools should feel different. Right now, all big time programs feel the same and all small time programs do too. Playing with USC should be different than playing with Ohio State, or Michigan, etc. Find some signature chants, school themes, etc to heighten this.

-In that same vein, Rivalries should be loud, intense, and have a bigger sense of fervency as a whole.

-Punch up the commentary. Not enough excitement in the voices and it's gotten stale over the years. There should be team specific and situation specific commentary for really big moments. A bowl game should not be called with the same nonchalant tone that most other games are...same goes for rivalry games and ranked games to varying degrees.

Presentation is sorely lacking in this game, IMO. Just adding some of these things would help immensely.
This is a GREAT list.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:01 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Next to gameplay, presentation & atmosphere have been next gen NCAA's biggest problem.

Those screens on the demo were pretty funny to read though.

O really? I would hope so.
ROFL
Old 06-21-2009, 04:04 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 39

I think the crowd could use some work too.. Right now all they do is bounce up & down. It looks really stupid.

Also the sideline players that clap in unison have got to be worked on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »