Home

Celebrities Who's Death Affected You

This is a discussion on Celebrities Who's Death Affected You within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15
Celebrities Who's Death Affected You

I know some people are gonna be too cool and say "you didn't know them personally, so who cares" but even if you didn't cry, some of these deaths do actually hit home. I can think of four names.

2pac - I was and still am a big 2pac fan, and when he died in his prime over some street BS, it shocked me and made me angry. I didn't cry or anything, I just couldn't believe it. From rap to movies to the controversy, he had a life. Way different from other rappers.

Walter Payton - I was only like 4 when the Bears won the Superbowl, but Payton was a Chicago icon...the Chicago icon before Jordan. That memorial at Soldier Field almost broke me down.

Aaliyah - This one was just a shocker. She was on the brink of doing big things, and passed away at such a young age. Not to mention, I had a crush on her.

Michael Jackson - Not much I can say than what has been said before. Grew up on MJ, was the first singer I was a fan of. Still surreal to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
MattUMD224

OVR:
Re: Celebrities Who's Death Affected You

none...i mean no disrespect to any of them and RIP to all.....but i didnt know them and they absolutely nothin within my life besides entertain me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
I know some people are gonna be too cool and say "you didn't know them personally, so who cares" but even if you didn't cry, some of these deaths do actually hit home. I can think of four names.
haha i didnt read this at frist before i posted

Last edited by MattUMD224; 06-28-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 38

Billy Mays: I'm still rattled, I don't know how im going to watch another infomercial without thinking about him. He changed america for the better
Old 06-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Aaliyah. I was in love with her when I was 14.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #5
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

MJ: Like you said, grew up during the height of his career. Still very hard to believe.

Christopher Reeve: Being a huge Superman fan, I was affected by the accident and greatly by his death.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp

2pac - I was and still am a big 2pac fan, and when he died in his prime over some street BS, it shocked me and made me angry. I didn't cry or anything, I just couldn't believe it. From rap to movies to the controversy, he had a life. Way different from other rappers.

Walter Payton - I was only like 4 when the Bears won the Superbowl, but Payton was a Chicago icon...the Chicago icon before Jordan. That memorial at Soldier Field almost broke me down.

Aaliyah - This one was just a shocker. She was on the brink of doing big things, and passed away at such a young age. Not to mention, I had a crush on her.

Michael Jackson - Not much I can say than what has been said before. Grew up on MJ, was the first singer I was a fan of. Still surreal to me.
Your list FTW but I would throw Biggie in there
Old 06-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

George Carlin and Stan Winston. They both died in the same week, too.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
none...i mean no disrespect to any of them and RIP to all.....but i didnt know them and they absolutely nothin within my life besides entertain me
That's how I feel.

It's also why I don't care when athletes, actors, or musicians turn out to be rapists, murderers, pedophiles, drug addicts, or ***holes. I only care about them for their talent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »