Home

Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers

This is a discussion on Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers

Am I the only one who is really angry about the way corners don't have to "settle" when they cut, while the WRs do? It took away some of my favorite ways to attack man defense. And (at least partially) as a result, I'm focking struggling over here. I think my record so far is 1-8 because I can't read the defense in my normal style.

Here's an example.

WR beats the CB handily out of the jam. At this point, he should be able to make a move either to the outside or inside (theoretically) so at this point the CB is on pins and needles once he's a step or two behind. When the WR goes to break on the ball, he has to sink his hips and turn. The corner has no such restraints to his movement, and so gets to the ball before the receiver despite getting manhandled on the jam attempt.

Does anybody think this looks realistic?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Corners breaking on the routes faster than the wide receivers

Makes no sense but again...could overlook it if a pass rush was a part of this game.

the lack of momentum and weight is what kills it. Physics be damned.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:35 AM   #3
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
Makes no sense but again...could overlook it if a pass rush was a part of this game.

the lack of momentum and weight is what kills it. Physics be damned.
You're playing a different game than me then. I'm on the ground every other play.

In my last game (yet another loss) I was sacked 5 times. That is the fewest number of times I've yet been sacked in any game. I'm just straight up STRUG-A-LING

Old 07-15-2009, 01:35 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

yea, i didnt know corners had better hands than receivers too
Old 07-15-2009, 01:38 AM   #5
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

IMO it's not bad. The problem is the WR actually runs a in...and stops and plants to make a 90 degree cut. The CB is just playing catchup and runs underneath him without really having to make a sharp cut.

Now when this happened and the WR would run a flag or just a straight go...and the CB catches up and would jump tip it (every NCAA before this)...that's what really made me mad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 01:45 AM   #6
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
IMO it's not bad. The problem is the WR actually runs a in...and stops and plants to make a 90 degree cut. The CB is just playing catchup and runs underneath him without really having to make a sharp cut.

Now when this happened and the WR would run a flag or just a straight go...and the CB catches up and would jump tip it (every NCAA before this)...that's what really made me mad.
Explain to me how just because somebody is playing catchup they don't have to make a sharp cut? They're both running straight upfield. And the CB doesn't move over at an angle in anticipation of the cut, he makes the same 90 degree cut without having to gather himself one iota!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:47 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Am I the only one who is really angry about the way corners don't have to "settle" when they cut, while the WRs do? It took away some of my favorite ways to attack man defense. And (at least partially) as a result, I'm focking struggling over here. I think my record so far is 1-8 because I can't read the defense in my normal style.

Here's an example.

WR beats the CB handily out of the jam. At this point, he should be able to make a move either to the outside or inside (theoretically) so at this point the CB is on pins and needles once he's a step or two behind. When the WR goes to break on the ball, he has to sink his hips and turn. The corner has no such restraints to his movement, and so gets to the ball before the receiver despite getting manhandled on the jam attempt.

Does anybody think this looks realistic?

If you're throwing into that kind of coverage, it's your fault, not theirs.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:49 AM   #8
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
If you're throwing into that kind of coverage, it's your fault, not theirs.
If you ever made/had any sense at all I'd take that into consideration. But lacking that...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »