Home

I've been playing since '03 and I've never seen the computer cheat like this.

This is a discussion on I've been playing since '03 and I've never seen the computer cheat like this. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I've been playing since '03 and I've never seen the computer cheat like this.

Alright. I'm in year 3 of a New Mexico State dynasty. My record is 5-24, with 3 of those wins coming in year 3. Week 6 I play La Tech.

It's a back and forth game, they take the lead, I take it back, back and forth. It's the fourth quarter. They have a 44-38 lead with only 50 seconds left. I have no timeouts but I manage to lead a great drive. Sideline route, spike. Tight end streak for 10 yards, spike. Out route, out of bounds. So there is 3 seconds left on the clock, I'm on my 8 yard line.

I call a basic play, main read is to try to get my slot open in the middle or catch my main reciever on the slot. I call hut, noone open, sit in the pocket for a few seconds. An end breaks through but I avoid him and roll out while two guys are closing in on both sides. I toss it to my reciever cutting through the endzone...touchdown!...I win pending the extra point right?

Anyway the computer gets pissed, starts burning it's timeouts, all 3 of them. I go back to look at the replay to save as a highlight because I'm pretty excited about it and here is where it happened. The computer called a timeout in the middle of my highlight...on the pause screen. Of course this froze the game up and forced me to quit.

Words cannot describe the anger of the computer calling a timeout on the create highlight screen to freeze the game. I've never seen the computer cheat outside the game, lol. Damn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: I've been playing since '03 and I've never seen the computer cheat like this.

Yea, the team meant to freeze the game. Why didn't you make the highlight after the game?

― Plato
Old 07-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: I've been playing since '03 and I've never seen the computer cheat like this.

As conspiracy theories go, yours kinda sucks.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374

As conspiracy theories go, yours kinda sucks.
Is that the grassy knoll in Dallas?

WOW... I like it

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ah, the Grassy knoll and kimbo slice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

So...I shouldn't be mad that the computer called a time out from the pause screen? It's a pretty dumb thing in general, especially when I just won the game.

Sorry for sharing my experience.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #7
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

ZOMG TOTAL DICK MOVE BY THE CPU. WAS IT USING CHEW CLOCK TO? OMFG I HATE THAT.

@AdamdotH
Old 07-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 16

I say report this CPU you are referring to, to EA and have their account banned.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »