Home

D-lineman moves

This is a discussion on D-lineman moves within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
D-lineman moves

Could you experts please give me some tips for doing moves with my D-lineman to get to the QB on the 360.

Thanks in Advance!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: D-lineman moves

Go the opposite way that the O lineman is headed. Getting rocked back, go inside and vice-versa. I usually get pressure almost 75% of the plays.

― Plato
Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Anyone finding the d-lineman you're controlling take an odd angle when you do the move that ducks under the o-lineman's shoulder (rip move?) he takes a VERY rounded angle going toward the outside, and then I can't get to the QB.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennessyROB
Could you experts please give me some tips for doing moves with my D-lineman to get to the QB on the 360.

Thanks in Advance!!!
I had some real trouble getting pressure early on, but like someone has said, if the O-Lineman comes at your outside shoulder (say the players right shoulder, for a DE), then push into towards the QB with the stick. When I've failed and I've gotten knocked back, I push UP, I dpon't know if it works, but it feels like the natural reaction to frustration

I'm getting more pressure now, which is nice to see.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:49 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Ipush into towards the QB with the stick. When I've failed and I've gotten knocked back, I push UP, I dpon't know if it works, but it feels like the natural reaction to frustration

I'm getting more pressure now, which is nice to see.
I haven't been using the stick for d-lineman moves, only the face buttons. I'll use the sticks and see if that does the trick. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #6
Rookie

I found success like this:

When they snap the ball go at an angle but dont turbo, then cut back with the appropriate left or right movement on the right thumbstick when the lineman engages you, then as your breaking around the lineman turbo out of it towards the QB.

I actually am not understanding all the lack of pass rush complaints on the demo. I got 4 sacks against Romo and caused lame duck throws 2 or 3 times on All Pro. Usi and Tuck are beasts in this game.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:25 AM   #7
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElephantEyelash
I found success like this:

When they snap the ball go at an angle but dont turbo, then cut back with the appropriate left or right movement on the right thumbstick when the lineman engages you, then as your breaking around the lineman turbo out of it towards the QB.

I actually am not understanding all the lack of pass rush complaints on the demo. I got 4 sacks against Romo and caused lame duck throws 2 or 3 times on All Pro. Usi and Tuck are beasts in this game.
same, for me it feels like im getting too much of a pass rush sometimes.

- started 11/15/08
Old 07-24-2009, 01:37 AM   #8
Rookie

^Yeah I thought I was doing too well given the 4 minute game. When I play as AZ and Pit though I don't have that level of success. I do like that it feels like I'm actually dueling with the lineman and that I do have a chance to get to the QB rather than just sucking to the lineman and then having to switch guys like last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »