Home

FistofRages's 2010 Heisman Slider Discussion

This is a discussion on FistofRages's 2010 Heisman Slider Discussion within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
FistofRages's 2010 Heisman Slider Discussion

***IMP0RTANT NOTE-Floowing any patch go into to gameplay settings and hit LB and restore everything to default. Save and exit out of the program. Then go back in and set it to heisman and put the sliders in. The game felt like it was playing on Varsity before I did this. I was returning kick-offs right and left, now I rarely see any broken for long gains. WHich is good.

Updated. Final Post 1.3 Patch Sliders

Heisman
7 min quarters

House Rules:
1. Ask Corso - Can use any of the 16 plays he chooses. (this helps keep away from using the same play over and over. There are some plays that can be too successful if used over and over again.)
2. Control the DT. Can switch after RB gets a few yards past the line of scrimmage or after a pass is completed.
3. Only go for it on 4th down if situation absolutely calls for it. Pretty much kick it away even on 4th and inches if inside your own territory. Kick the FG if it will give you more than a 7 point lead.
4. Absolutely NO USING THE CHEEZY GIMMICK RUN COMMIT.
5. Recruiting house rule(for dynasty players) - 6* programs can only recruit players that have a top 3 interest in the school at the start of the year. 5* programs can only recruit players with top 5 interest. 4* must be top 8 and 3* and below only recruit players with top 10 interest. Can only recruit a total of seniors +3. 12 seniors on your squad means 15 recruits. Must recruit needs first. Sorry, but if you need a FB, he has to be at the top of the board. You can recruit up to 5 guys from your HOME state that don't have interest in you if you are a 4* or less program.
6. I never hot route a receiver route or motion players out of the backfield unless thats part of the designed play.

Standard Set of Sliders to allow for pancakes, slightly higher completion % to open up shorter & intermediate routes, and a little tougher human rushing. You should be able to Pass commit and player commit with these, as well as gameplan.

Offense HUM/CPU
QB Acc 10/10
Pass Block 50/50
WR Catch 50/50
RB Ability 45/50
Run Block 50/100

Defense HUM/CPU
Pass Coverage 50/50
Pass Rush 50/50
Interceptions 15/15
Rush Defense 20/100
Tackling 50/75

Special Teams HUM/CPU
FG Power 25/25
FG Acc 5/40
Punt Power 25/55
Punt Acc 5/100
Kickoff Power 55/55

These are it. I lowered QB Accuracy to 10 and it seems fine. I also left pass rush and pass block at default for both sides. You have to scheme properly to get sacks. They were too easy before. I have not sen a kick-off return for a TD in weeks now with no House Rules.

Last edited by fistofrage; 09-30-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: FistofRages's 2010 Heisman Slider Discussion

Hey Fist, I've been hoping to see your name up here in the slider discussion. Not alot of Heisman sliders floating around so far. I'll do what I can to get you feedback on these.

Just a couple of initial comments from the 5-6 games I've played on Heisman with similar sliders

1) 30 for QBA is definitely going to end up being too high for you. My personal preference is either 10-15, I haven't decided yet. 5 for Hum is definitely too low IMO. A QB with Accuracy in the mid-80's widely misses half their throws. I've been playing at 15 and have thought that was even a bit high. However my Comp % is about 55% so I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm not sure I like WR catch so low but I will try it out.

2) HUM rushing game might be a little too easy with these. My rushing sliders were at default for human with CPU rush defense at 35 and I led the nation in rushing through 4 games (using ask corso even). I'll test these out and see how they feel.

A comment I haven't put anywhere else is that I think we need to be careful slamming the pass rush sliders to the extreme ends. I've been playing with CPU pass block at 0 and Hum pass rush at 100, but all I've really seen is my LE dominating their RT. From all of the other pass rushers there has been NOTHING, just from the one position. The same thing has been happening to me from the CPU, both my LE and the CPU LE have had 4 sack games.

I used a version of your sliders from the middle of your work last year and I'm looking forward to finding a set this year. The game appears to be very malleable with the sliders.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
MVP

Do you test in dynasty or play now?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Hey Fist, I've been hoping to see your name up here in the slider discussion. Not alot of Heisman sliders floating around so far. I'll do what I can to get you feedback on these.

Just a couple of initial comments from the 5-6 games I've played on Heisman with similar sliders

1) 30 for QBA is definitely going to end up being too high for you. My personal preference is either 10-15, I haven't decided yet. 5 for Hum is definitely too low IMO. A QB with Accuracy in the mid-80's widely misses half their throws. I've been playing at 15 and have thought that was even a bit high. However my Comp % is about 55% so I'm feeling pretty good about it. I'm not sure I like WR catch so low but I will try it out.

2) HUM rushing game might be a little too easy with these. My rushing sliders were at default for human with CPU rush defense at 35 and I led the nation in rushing through 4 games (using ask corso even). I'll test these out and see how they feel.

A comment I haven't put anywhere else is that I think we need to be careful slamming the pass rush sliders to the extreme ends. I've been playing with CPU pass block at 0 and Hum pass rush at 100, but all I've really seen is my LE dominating their RT. From all of the other pass rushers there has been NOTHING, just from the one position. The same thing has been happening to me from the CPU, both my LE and the CPU LE have had 4 sack games.

I used a version of your sliders from the middle of your work last year and I'm looking forward to finding a set this year. The game appears to be very malleable with the sliders.

Thanks Doc,

I noticed the same things you were talking about. I played some games last night, but it was the 1st time I really started testing things.

I am going to look at it tonight and most likely bump the AI rush D back up to default. I will also lower the human QB ACC. Even with pass rush at 75 and AI pass block at 25, I've been getting a very good pass rush.

I was really focusing on what the AI was doing last night because I only control the DT so my defense dowsn't have a very steep learning curve. For the most part, I will only improve marginally on D over today. But I liked what I saw out of the AI on offense.

The human sliders are going to take just a little more testing because I don't know the play books. Once I learn those, the plays become more productive, etc, so it could be a few days before I nail those down.

First order of business, Human passing. Initial idea, lower accuracy, Decrease Human pass block and possibly decrease AI coverage. I had bumped up AI coverage possibly too much to over compensate for my high accuracy.

Looking forward to testing tonight.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Hey man i have been using parts of Philly sliders pertaining to Human and CPU QB acc @5..It works great for me in that it truly seperates the good quartebacks from the average QB...I have seen animations that I have never saw before in relation to overthrows and DB coverage..I lowered Comp Pass Defense to 55 and Human Pass Defense to 50 and no longer get that physychis DB coverage where they know the wr route and break before the WR does..LOL..I had the QB ACC @ 30..to easy..25 to easy...15 way to easy..and 10 again to easy..put it @ 5 and you have to really time your throws..plus it adds that you don't know whats going to happen factor...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Sliders need to be tested in dynasty mode rater than play now the game plays completely different
Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Sliders need to be tested in dynasty mode rater than play now the game plays completely different
This is good to know. Only been playing now games.

What differences have you seen? Harder or easier in dynasty?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
I test mine in both and have not noticed any difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »