Home

Whats with QB Sneak?

This is a discussion on Whats with QB Sneak? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4
Whats with QB Sneak?

I noticed this year that EA decided to put in a automatic QB sneak. Basically when your inside the 5 yardline, and your pick a QB Sneak out of your Goal Line set, your QB just dives on the ground, and tries to pick up the first down.

Well I was playing BYU in the dynasty, and it was 4th and 1 from the 3 yardline. I was just trying to get the first so I could kill the clock before I scored since it was in 4th Quarter. Well, I pick QB Sneak, and instead of letting me control the QB to get the 1st, my QB automatically just dives down to the ground and doesn't get the first down. I could have easily gotten the 1st if I was controlling him, but NO. He could have easily got it but one of my OL was in front of him and had the "running into a wall" effect and and didn't go any where..

This almost cost me the ball game because of this stupid BS annimation. Just let us control the QB just like in the middle of the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Whats with QB Sneak?

The Qb's reaction depends on how many down lineman are on defense. I believe if there are less than 4 (or 5, can't remember), the QB won't dive, and you can run like last year. If there are more than that, you pick which direction you want your QB to dive with the left stick (straight up for behind the center, up-left to his left, up-right for his right).
Old 07-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

I am pretty sure I have ran with like 6 down lineman before though. It only seems to dive for me if I am in the redzone.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucksfan47
The Qb's reaction depends on how many down lineman are on defense. I believe if there are less than 4 (or 5, can't remember), the QB won't dive, and you can run like last year. If there are more than that, you pick which direction you want your QB to dive with the left stick (straight up for behind the center, up-left to his left, up-right for his right).
It's if there are less than 5 you wont dive.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4

thats just my point...I DON"T WANT TO DIVE!! Why force me to have to watch my QB dive a inch and not pick up the first down when it was WIDE OPEN. On my then one ocassion my QB instead of just being able to run and get it...which was wide open, he just dives and doesn't pick it up because he only dove a foot.

If they wanted that annimation put into the game, they should have made it a seperate play. I've almost lost games because of this dumb annimation. You all know when your RB is running behind a OL, and runs into him but his feet keep on going but he's not running anywhere, well this has happened to me a more then one ocassion with this QB sneak. Just plain dumb...never, ever will I want the CPU to take control of one of my players on a key down, at a key point in the game....because 9/10 it doesn't work out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster-Doofus
thats just my point...I DON"T WANT TO DIVE!! Why force me to have to watch my QB dive a inch and not pick up the first down when it was WIDE OPEN. On my then one ocassion my QB instead of just being able to run and get it...which was wide open, he just dives and doesn't pick it up because he only dove a foot.

If they wanted that annimation put into the game, they should have made it a seperate play. I've almost lost games because of this dumb annimation. You all know when your RB is running behind a OL, and runs into him but his feet keep on going but he's not running anywhere, well this has happened to me a more then one ocassion with this QB sneak. Just plain dumb...never, ever will I want the CPU to take control of one of my players on a key down, at a key point in the game....because 9/10 it doesn't work out.
Pick a different play then.. FB Dive, HB Dive, Lead, Power, Any Option play.. you havee about 200 choices of plays to do so quit whining
Old 07-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

LMAO at your logic. When have you ever seen a QB sprint down the field on a QB sneak?

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/bgdave39
Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdave39
LMAO at your logic. When have you ever seen a QB sprint down the field on a QB sneak?
+ freakin 1. It's better this year. Last year's automatic 4 or 5 yards was pretty aggravating. OP, just run a FB or HB dive.
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals

Last edited by wisecav; 07-27-2009 at 10:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »