Home

Online Dynasty Erasing Weekly Recruiting

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty Erasing Weekly Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question Online Dynasty Erasing Weekly Recruiting

Okay so there is this one user in my dynasty who claims he has to do his recruiting multiple times a week because it keeps getting erased while he is doing it. This is his first year playing NCAA and he claims it takes him over a half hour to complete recruiting (not counting when it gets erased).

So I am wondering:
1. Has anyone else heard about/encountered this?
2. Is it maybe timing out on him because he takes so long to complete his recruiting?

Before anyone suggests that he backs out of recruiting every 10 minutes or so so it can auto save. I already suggested that to him last night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Online Dynasty Erasing Weekly Recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraja
Okay so there is this one user in my dynasty who claims he has to do his recruiting multiple times a week because it keeps getting erased while he is doing it. This is his first year playing NCAA and he claims it takes him over a half hour to complete recruiting (not counting when it gets erased).

So I am wondering:
1. Has anyone else heard about/encountered this?
2. Is it maybe timing out on him because he takes so long to complete his recruiting?

Before anyone suggests that he backs out of recruiting every 10 minutes or so so it can auto save. I already suggested that to him last night.
Never heard of this. I can spend 2 hours recruiting and you will not get kicked out so its not a time thing. I have been recruiting and have gotten disconnected a few times. If you get disconnected you get a popup that says you have been disconnected. Reconnect or exit dynasty. My suspicion would be that he does recruiting, it is not going how he wants and he unhooks his lan (it does not save) I caught someone in my dynasty doing this. If he makes his top recruits mad then he can redo it without anybody knowing. If and when you leave recruiting it automatically uploads data to the server and will Show 0 recruiting minutes left. If he/you see that then I don't see how it has been deleted.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpedersen
Never heard of this. I can spend 2 hours recruiting and you will not get kicked out so its not a time thing. I have been recruiting and have gotten disconnected a few times. If you get disconnected you get a popup that says you have been disconnected. Reconnect or exit dynasty. My suspicion would be that he does recruiting, it is not going how he wants and he unhooks his lan (it does not save) I caught someone in my dynasty doing this. If he makes his top recruits mad then he can redo it without anybody knowing. If and when you leave recruiting it automatically uploads data to the server and will Show 0 recruiting minutes left. If he/you see that then I don't see how it has been deleted.
If you finish your recruiting but stay on the recruiting screen the data doesn't auto save so say he finishes all 10 hours but doesn't like it he can lose connection and then choose exit dynasty when the pop up comes up. Thus giving him a fresh 10 minutes to re do as many times as he wants, I guarantee that's what he's doing.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Okay guys thanks for the input. I don't think he is doing either because this is his first year playing NCAA and his first time playing anything online so I don't think he is computer/gaming smart enough to do either.

But I did get a chance to talk to him on the phone last night and he explained exactly what has been happening. It's a different from what I said above so I'm not sure if I just misunderstood his original text or if what I'm about to say is a separate issue he has encountered.

So he told me last night that he has signed several recruits but when he goes into do his recruiting the next week those recruits aren't committed to his school or even on his board. He says if he adds them again he has to unlock their interests again but after that they sign right away. He claims that he has signed the same guy three times but every new week he isn't on his board.

Now for a little background into what I think might be the cause of this. The Commissioner of our league (my brother) talked to this guy (who is a childhood friend of ours) and this guy told the commish at the beginning of the season that he could skip his games if the rest of the league was waiting on him. Well my friend never did his preseason recruiting and the cpu did it for him when my brother progressed the week.

So what I am thinking is that because the cpu did the original recruiting for him that when the week gets progressed the cpu takes control and does it's own thing.

Has anyone else heard about something like this? Or have input?
Old 07-31-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

Does he have the cpu recruiting options turned on? Like allow cputo schedule visits, add players to board, and offer schlorships? that would explain the off the board every week thing but if he commits he should stay commiting so that part idk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm going to bet that he has auto-save turned off and when he recruits players he forgets to manually save after he is finished.... due to believing auto-save is turned on. So, everything he did gets deleted and the CPU takes over and that is why nothing is the way it was the week before. Now, I don't play Online dynasty much, but this seems like a very feasible reason as to why this is happening. Either this, or something is corrupt and he needs to be re-invited to see if it fixes it.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I'm going to bet that he has auto-save turned off and when he recruits players he forgets to manually save after he is finished.... due to believing auto-save is turned on. So, everything he did gets deleted and the CPU takes over and that is why nothing is the way it was the week before. Now, I don't play Online dynasty much, but this seems like a very feasible reason as to why this is happening. Either this, or something is corrupt and he needs to be re-invited to see if it fixes it.
What is auto save in online dynasty?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:35 PM   #8
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
What is auto save in online dynasty?
Someone posted this: "Before anyone suggests that he backs out of recruiting every 10 minutes or so so it can auto save. I already suggested that to him last night."

Honestly, I don't play Online Dynasty much (only one season completed in 09) so I was just going on that piece of info. If there is no auto save then the guy must not be saving his recruiting after he's finished.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »