Home

"winning record vs rivals" promise ?

This is a discussion on "winning record vs rivals" promise ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 05:11 AM   #1
Rookie

dirtycashdylan's Arena

OVR: 3
"winning record vs rivals" promise ?

nevermind.
but while I have you here, any one figure out how many snaps/stats kids need to consider it substantial playing time?

Last edited by dirtycashdylan; 08-01-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #2
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: "winning record vs rivals" promise ?

not sure. i know this was broken last year though. you had to have the guy as #1 on the depth chart to keep the promise.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
Rookie

Some of the initial promises are bogus....conference championship first year? freshman all-american? i mean if you're using OU, USC, Texas, etc.. then yea but for lowly C-USA teams or 2nd rate Big 12 teams, that's far out there. the only real one that looks real is "playing time" but like you said, you pretty much have to start them at #1 on the chart even if you're returning a 3 year starter at that position just to keep the dumb freshman happy.

dirtycashdylan...is that a SMU pic? Pony up!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

last year was terrible. i had a freshman that i played in the slot (#3 WR on depth chart). i also used him on kick and punt returns. he led my team in all rec. stats. at the end of the season i got hit for breaking my promise for substantial playing time...
Old 08-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy4theherd
last year was terrible. i had a freshman that i played in the slot (#3 WR on depth chart). i also used him on kick and punt returns. he led my team in all rec. stats. at the end of the season i got hit for breaking my promise for substantial playing time...
I had a guy win the heisman but he still wanted more pt...Last yera promises in general were broken, no matter what you did usually they wouldnt care if you broke them...(offline)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
Rookie

RU_Goo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner31
Some of the initial promises are bogus....conference championship first year? freshman all-american? i mean if you're using OU, USC, Texas, etc.. then yea but for lowly C-USA teams or 2nd rate Big 12 teams, that's far out there. the only real one that looks real is "playing time" but like you said, you pretty much have to start them at #1 on the chart even if you're returning a 3 year starter at that position just to keep the dumb freshman happy.

Actually I think it's the other way around. Promising frosh All American in the C-USA is a better idea than to do it at Texas or OU. Less talent in the C-USA where a frosh should have a better season number wise. Plus you could start them without losing the risk of transfers, which would happen at a talent filled school in a BCS conference.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:18 AM   #7
Rookie

dirtycashdylan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomersooner31

I'm actually an OU fan and I play as SMU in my OD on here. So, Pony up! (is that what they say?) and Boomer!
Old 08-02-2009, 06:31 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtycashdylan
I'm actually an OU fan and I play as SMU in my OD on here. So, Pony up! (is that what they say?) and Boomer!
LOL funny stuff

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »