Home

Did it live up to the hype?

This is a discussion on Did it live up to the hype? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Did it live up to the hype?

So we can all agree that Madden 09 was a huge disappointment. It seems like the Madden staff started almost from scratch when beginning Madden 10. They were sick of hearing that the game wasn't living up to the capabilities of the next gen consoles and about the 2k football series. I anticipated this years game to have a few 'glitches' understanding that there was a very different staff developing the game.

With that said I would like to point out that I have not yet played the game. I ordered half a year of Sports Illustrated and will be receiving Madden 10 as a gift for the subscription order.(I figured they might have the first patch released and maybe a roster by the time I got the game.)

Now here's my question. Did the game live up to the hype? I was more excited for this Madden game than any since Madden came out for the next get consoles and I ditched my PS2. Am I going to be disappointed? Is Madden 10 a step in the right direction or does it seem to still be treading water as in years past? Let me know what you guys think.....I'm so jacked to play this game after watching some pre-season football. Oh by the way I was at the Packer game last night and their best running back hands down was Tyrell Sutton. Too bad he might not make the team.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Did it live up to the hype?

No. This is what next-gen Madden should have been like 2 years ago. Its finally catching up to the ps2 versions, and thats pathetic.

If you see it on Sunday, its in the game was the motto, but apparently no one at EA watches a 3-4 defense on a regular basis.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I would like to clarify and say I am not looking for specific problems. I can read about those in other threads. Just overall, is the game a step in the right direction, about in line with last years game, worse, or does it live up to the hype?
Old 08-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

No, but its better than 09. Pro Tak is over hyped and presentation still needs a ton of work. Game seems not finished IMO.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
I would like to clarify and say I am not looking for specific problems. I can read about those in other threads. Just overall, is the game a step in the right direction, about in line with last years game, worse, or does it live up to the hype?

Its a step in the right direction, but thats not saying too much after the absolute piles of **** they put out in 08 and 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Yes its a step in the right direction and for me its lived up to its hype. As I've stated before, it reminds me an awful lot of the legacy gen games, but has next gen graphics.

If you enjoyed the way the PS2 version played, then I don't think that you'll be disappointed with this years game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

i think it has, i mean, i couldnt stand the gameplay in 08 or 09, but only after a playing a few Madden Moments and a couple games, i think this Madden is great, now, if they can build on this rather than just sit on it for a few years, we'll see hopefully.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

and some, for me.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »