Home

**Official "Madden NFL 10 Gripe" Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official "Madden NFL 10 Gripe" Thread** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
**Official "Madden NFL 10 Gripe" Thread**

Where, exactly, can we give honest criticism about Madden NFL 10, and express our concerns and point of views without getting our threads modded, locked, or receiving infractions?

Can we possibly get a sub-forum, other than "Wishlist", where we can post what needs to be fixed and not be dubbed "haters", "Madden terrorists", or "downers"? Oddly enough, people who dub us this aren't modded, but those us who use the term "fanboy", are when referring to Madden faithful are. Hm.

Most of us, typically, were 2K players and preferred that game. Unfortunately, we all know that 2K can no longer make football games. Perhaps a sub-forum can be made, specifically for us, dubbed "2K Locker Room", or something.

We realize that people enjoy Madden. That's great. However, it's become almost apparent that there has been a lot of bias towards positive "Madden rocks!" posts and "Madden is terrible!" posts.

Simply put, if something in the game is terrible, we should be able to say it is terrible and have as much of a right doing so as someone saying "Madden rocks!".

It just seems very unfair around this particular forum lately in regards to this. I saw a guy today get modded for expressing his discomfort with Ian Cummings producing Madden games. Hell, I even saw a guy get modded for referring to John Madden as being "mentally ill". Speaking of Ian, is speaking negativity towards Ian Cumming's work on the Madden franchise (not personal negativity) off-limits? It seemed like it was alright to whale on David Ortiz. Hm.

I'm sure this will get deleted, closed, whatever. But, I'll take one for the team and get this message out there, in hopes that when a mod reads it, they can somehow work together to give us an area to express our Madden concerns in relation to the 2K series.

Update - We can use this thread to voice our opinions on Madden NFL 10 from a "2K fan" perspective, though you do not have to be a 2K vet to post your thoughts here. If you need to rant about Madden's problems, this is the thread to do it.

Please keep the language and insults to a minimum as this thread still abides to Operation Sports' TOS. Also, stay out of threads that compliment the game, such as "I love Madden NFL 10!". If people are enjoying Madden NFL 10, be happy for them and be glad they are enjoying the game.

Echopax

Last edited by Echopax; 08-20-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: For those of us who criticize Madden.

From what I've seen lately, mods have been given but one button. Thread lock.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well I think if you make a constructive thread that doesn't just say "oh man, Madden sucks because the over the shoulder catch is all over the ****ing place." You really have to be nice about your criticism around here or else you will get jumped on.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

In before the Lock..........................LOL

Seriously though, try posting in the 2K thread, I mean its like Killzone people posting in the Halo thread, its just not going to turn out too good!!
Old 08-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I feel your pain. I got modded last year when all of us were frustrated because the game simply did not work at launch. Concerning the patch (that took over a month to put out... not to mention that they missed the promised patch date a couple times), some guy said, "You should feel lucky they're even going to fix it." And I told the guy that this isn't the Soviet Union where we should feel lucky for getting a fix for a product that is broken when we buy it. Yeah... I got an infraction for that.
Also got an infraction when there was a guy that completely went nuts about Madden being broken last year and I literally said, "I'd watch out about saying anything bad about Madden, that will get you in trouble here. It's okay to trash 2K though, they don't care about that." Yep... infraction for that, too.
If you continue seeking a Madden game with all of the options it had on XBox, you will be disappointed. If you accept that the next-gen version of Madden is a downgrade in every area except graphics, then you will find a true gaming experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

+1.

People just can't stand criticism if the criticism is being aimed at something they love, or have become accustomed to. Doesn't matter if the criticism is legit or not, and it doesn't matter how the criticism is given. If there is one thing I have learned from my time on the web, it is this. Sadly, that line of thinking extends far beyond just video games (religion, race, etc.). That's why words such as *****, racist, homophobe and such are thrown around so freely these days.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

You will be hung for mentioning 2k or bashing Madden and it's fans on OS. It's just what happens now

Last edited by kingkilla56; 08-20-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: wrong us of quotations
Old 08-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

The mods, especially JackDog, are PRO-Madden lovers. You are not allowed to speak your mind on Operation Sports. I understand that you closed the thread when people start making death threats, but when someone is speaking their minds on what is wrong with Madden, JACKDOG: "This is getting out of hand, CLOSED..."
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »