Home

Madden 10: Players with "A" Potential (all draft classes in spreadsheet form)

This is a discussion on Madden 10: Players with "A" Potential (all draft classes in spreadsheet form) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Madden 10: Players with "A" Potential (all draft classes in spreadsheet form)

Alright so here it is. I only have the first 29 draft classes so far, but I will update the file when I get the rest.

I separated it by tabs. The one most of you will be interested in is the 4th tab for Drafted Players. I did it by position, and went through with the sort function on ALL teams to get ever player drafted. I sorted it by potential because it becomes visible if the player was drafted by any team you control (I controlled all of them), and before you say what if the player wasn't drafted!?! but had an A potential. For some weird reason it puts them in order with ?? for his potential but puts them right there with the other A's anyway, if it was on the cusp of A's and B's I signed them to make sure. The other thing, because I sorted by potential, sometimes players with lower overall ratings were higher than ones with higher overalls. You'll just have to figure out which guys you want to shoot for, but hopefully this will make scouting the players and knowing what kind of quality is coming up and which positions will be available for the drafts each year.

Lastly, my suggestion would just be to look for the top supposed player in the draft when it first lets you scout, or the top couple, and look for the name in whatever position he is.. if u see it, it will tell you which draft class he is apart of, then just scroll down and check anyone else out with that same # for his draft path.

*edit* Oh and if you decide to change or add stuff to this and repost it, thats fine but please link this original thread or give me some credit in it cause this took alot of work. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden 10 A Potentials.zip (28.1 KB, 3638 views)

Last edited by CFraychineaud; 08-21-2009 at 05:08 AM. Reason: additional thought
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Madden 10: Players with "A" Potential (all draft classes in spreadsheet form)

Thanks

Just call me Sanchez
Old 08-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 10: Players with "A" Potential (all draft classes in spreadsheet form)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFraychineaud
Alright so here it is. I only have the first 29 draft classes so far, but I will update the file when I get the rest.

I separated it by tabs. The one most of you will be interested in is the 4th tab for Drafted Players. I did it by position, and went through with the sort function on ALL teams to get ever player drafted. I sorted it by potential because it becomes visible if the player was drafted by any team you control (I controlled all of them), and before you say what if the player wasn't drafted!?! but had an A potential. For some weird reason it puts them in order with ?? for his potential but puts them right there with the other A's anyway, if it was on the cusp of A's and B's I signed them to make sure. The other thing, because I sorted by potential, sometimes players with lower overall ratings were higher than ones with higher overalls. You'll just have to figure out which guys you want to shoot for, but hopefully this will make scouting the players and knowing what kind of quality is coming up and which positions will be available for the drafts each year.

Lastly, my suggestion would just be to look for the top supposed player in the draft when it first lets you scout, or the top couple, and look for the name in whatever position he is.. if u see it, it will tell you which draft class he is apart of, then just scroll down and check anyone else out with that same # for his draft path.

*edit* Oh and if you decide to change or add stuff to this and repost it, thats fine but please link this original thread or give me some credit in it cause this took alot of work. Thanks.
These are great. I am especially interested in the CPU generated draft players so thanks. Do you think you'll ever be making a version of the spreadsheet that has their player skills like speed strength, etc..., that would be amazing.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madden1976
These are great. I am especially interested in the CPU generated draft players so thanks. Do you think you'll ever be making a version of the spreadsheet that has their player skills like speed strength, etc..., that would be amazing.
I'm thinking about it. The only thing holding me back from that is how many different attributes there are now for each player. It would make it take forever.

I'd more likely do it if we could come to a consensus on a set number of attributes for each position. Like QB needs to know Speed, Acc, Carry, Throw Power, SAC, MAC, DAC, Throw on the Run, Play Action, Injury and Stam or something. Thats a lot more manageable that doing 50 attributes per player. I do want to get all the heights and weights added though.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah putting all would take a long time. Maybe, like you said, just must the main stats. Height and weight would be great too!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

What do the draft class numbers mean??
Old 08-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Just out of curiousity, why don't you put these in the Madden forum? This is great information and am sure alot of people will like this info.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveblings9513
What do the draft class numbers mean??
theres 32 different draft classes in madden 10. so all the guys in draft class 1, come out the same year and can be drafted... everyone in class 2 same thing.

these draft classes are random though, I just put them in there in the order I got them in. So if you see Jack English is in your first available draft, you'd go to the spreadsheet, look at the draft path # on the QB's and see he's in draft class #19, so then you can go to all the other positions and see if theres anyone with an A potential from draft class 19 there, cause they'll come out the same year as Jack English.

I hope that made sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »